Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Johnny

Part of project suddenly missing some elements

Post by Johnny »

TVPaint 11 Pro/32
iMac OS 10.9.5

Dear TVPaint,

I find working in TVPaint really wonderful, but now have hit a glitch:
In reviewing the day's work on my project, I noticed a that an older segment of about 5 seconds suddenly had lost several elements (some line drawing and color). This is very strange because I haven't done anything to that sequence in quite awhile, so I have no idea how this could have happened. (No one else has access to my work). In any event, I was able to locate an earlier version of the project through Time Machine that has this segment fully intact. How can I move this intact 5 second sequence back into the now much longer present state of the project to replace the glitchy part?
And if you have any ideas as to why this happened, please let me know.

Your help is much appreciated.
Johnny
Elodie

Re: Part of project suddenly missing some elements

Post by Elodie »

Have you used ctg layers ? If so, make sure you have updated all computers using tvpaint to version 11.0.3

By the way, why using version 32 and not 64 bit ?
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Yes, this sequence has a CTG layer and 2 animation layers. Much of the drawing line in the animation layers has vanished.
I got TVPaint a few months ago and run it on only one computer. Has there been an update since then?
I use the 32 bit version because I was told my late 2012 iMac/10.9.5 could not handle 64. (Yes, I'll be getting a new computer sooner than later).

In the meantime, the critical thing is to get that important sequence back in place. I'd like to move those few seconds from the backed up copy to the current one. Where in the manual can I find directions to do that?

Thank you.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Well, never mind. I figured it out. I had inadvertently changed the mode of one of the animation layers which rendered it useless. It's now corrected and working. That's a relief!
Please do let me know if I need to update.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Johnny wrote:I use the 32 bit version because I was told my late 2012 iMac/10.9.5 could not handle 64. (Yes, I'll be getting a new computer sooner than later).
Actually it should since I think OS 10.9.5 does only exist in 64 bit (32 bit software are compatible on 64 bit OS, not the contrary). At least, you can give it a try, and if it does not work, go back to 32 bit.
Johnny wrote:Please do let me know if I need to update.
Any TVPaint user should ALWAYS use the last update ^^
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Wow! Yes, it seems you are correct about the 64 bit structure. This is great news. (I have an iMac using OS X 10.9.5 with 8 GB's RAM and 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7.)
So, when I upgrade through your site, will that also provide me with the latest update (11.0.3?), or must I upgrade and then update?
Thanks very much,
Johnny
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You will get the 11.0.3, there is no extra fees to pay.