lag/latency still problem with tvp11 and sierra

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
schwarzgrau

Re: lag/latency still problem with tvp11 and sierra

Post by schwarzgrau »

You should try version 11.0.6. (HELP >> Check for Updates)
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

And also update your Wacom drivers.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

i think i narrowed down the problem to the cintiq driver talking with sierra, as other programs are also negatively affected (photoshop, after effects, toonboom).
indeed, we confirm you are right
i talked with wacom and got emailed a long list of maintenance and uninstalling/reinstalling to do, which i followed carefully but all the problems persist. not sure what the next move is... older osx/older drives? workaround until apple and wacom fix it? arrrgh.
update :
Did someone try with the latest Wacom drivers ( April 11th 2017 ) ?
Fabrice Debarge
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

I have the problem with sierra too. F*** you Apple!
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ok, but : did someone try with the latest Wacom drivers ( April 11th 2017 ) ?
Fabrice Debarge
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Fabrice wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 12:53 ok, but : did someone try with the latest Wacom drivers ( April 11th 2017 ) ?
Hi Fabrice,

As you can see, I have the newest driver, I updated on the last version of the system and I am still not able to use my TVP without a problem.
The problem is visible when using the dotted line test, but even worse problem becomes apparent when I use the filled stroke tool. As for now I am not able to make curved shape with filled stroke, which makes my software unusable. Can you please give me advise and tell me what are my options? I have a deadline. Thnx.
example.png
-----
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

An idea to consider is installing an old version of OS X. They are still available. If I were in a desperate enough situation I would backup my system and rebuild the system with minimal software just to finish the project. You could even partition the drive and install a different OS on each and set things up for a dual boot. You could keep it that way indefinitely or make adjustments once a fix becomes available.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I'll try when I'll be at the office. Thank you Skomdra for your feedbacks !
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

I found a workaround, the same I was using when I previously experienced the lag - I am using small resized window, approximately 1/4 of the whole screen. Now it seems that app is responding as it should. So, I should just work on smaller window until we resolve this situation. My guess is that Apple is going down, from high end user stand point, so unless we are planning to use an iPhone for the 2D animation workflow, it would be wise not to count on Apple any more in serious production environment.
Elodie, see you in Annecy!
-----
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Your sign says you're not using TVPaint 11.0.6 and your previous post mentioned Wacom drivers and MacOS system update, but not TVPaint. Are you still using 11.0.3 or did you update to 11.0.6 ?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

+1
there have been quite a lot of bug/lag fixed on Mac in the v11.0.6 :
https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php ... 058#p98450
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

No problem with Sierra 10.12.5 and TVPaint 11.0.6 on my macbook pro retina.
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

I am an idiot. I am sorry. But Mac has this annoying thing called Open in Low Resolution, but every time you update the software, this has to be ticked again (and I knew that, because that is also happening with Houdini which I update regularly). Obviously I forgot, now it flies like the Elon Musk shuttle. And, yes, my version is updated to 11.0.6, so that was the cause of the problem :)
-----
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

skomdra wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 15:41 I am an idiot. I am sorry. But Mac has this annoying thing called Open in Low Resolution, but every time you update the software, this has to be ticked again (and I knew that, because that is also happening with Houdini which I update regularly). Obviously I forgot, now it flies like the Elon Musk shuttle. And, yes, my version is updated to 11.0.6, so that was the cause of the problem :)
Haha ^^

But a little detail is still puzzling me, for I was sure version 11.0.6 no longer needs to be in "low resolution mode". I'll double check that. However, it's working fine now, that's the most important :mrgreen:

Edit : oops, my turn to be an idiot, I mixed former mac issues with a windows issue linked to the resolution. I need some sleep :oops:
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

It would be good if it works in high res, but I doubt on my machine. The graphic card is suspicious on the retina models, and what I discovered, more and more vendors are not supporting this graphic card. And of course, Apple made it impossible to upgrade :D (so much for good investment in the new Mac).
More I am using Mac, I realized that I am waiting for the day when everything will run in the cloud and the only hardware/OS we are going to blame for the lag is going to be slow internet. (and probably Wacom)
-----