Bookmark Export (not Publish)

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
insom

Bookmark Export (not Publish)

Post by insom »

Hi there,

I'll be brief, but I think the bookmark-only publishing tool is great for storyboards, and I would love it if we could do the same for frame export instead.

RIght now the only way that I can figure out how to do it is to manipulate the timeline to shave off all the extra frames, which becomes quite complicated if there are multiple layers timed differently or multiple scenes with different cameras tied to a specific timing. A bookmark export would allow people to just render the parts of a project they're interested in, without touching anything in it just for the export.
Peter Wassink

Re: Bookmark Export (not Publish)

Post by Peter Wassink »

So to get it right, you are asking for the option to export marked frames only? (bookmarked, but image marked would also be nice)

That is actually a nice request, i would welcome to have it as an option.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
insom

Re: Bookmark Export (not Publish)

Post by insom »

Peter Wassink wrote: 15 May 2024, 12:27 So to get it right, you are asking for the option to export marked frames only? (bookmarked, but image marked would also be nice)

That is actually a nice request, i would welcome to have it as an option.
Yes, the way I think it could work is as a simple tick box in the Export window where you can select "Bookmarks only".

Imagemarks may be a bit more complicated because there are quite a few to pìck from and that may require a dropdown or even a separate menu to select which ones to export. On top of that, there can be multiple imagemarks on different layers, while bookmarks mark the same time throughout the project.

That said, I'm also thinking it couldn't be too difficult to program a TVPX tool that would work as an "Export Marked Frames Only" option already...