Layer Folder Tutorial file is wrong

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kelanhordos

Layer Folder Tutorial file is wrong

Post by kelanhordos »

I was trying to figure out some odd/unexpected behaviour in layer folder blending modes, and downloaded the layer folders tutorial from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o0XqSJSJxM
However the file TRAVEL_NOTEBOOK.tvpp that the link in the video goes to seems to be different than the one shown in the video. For example this is a partial the list of layers/folders in the video
Layer folders.jpg
Layer folders.jpg (94.15 KiB) Viewed 128 times
This is what the folders look like in the opened file I have
Layer folders2.jpg
Layer folders2.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 128 times
This is the expanded list, for reference, but is still quite different/truncated compared to the file shown in the video.
3.jpg
The length is also quite different compared to what is shown in the video, and there are no folders with blending modes enabled as being demonstrated in the video. In the video it starts with a closed notebook and looks like it goes well past 400 frames, my downloaded project is clipped 105 frames and starts on a different frame with the book open on the waterfall/toucan.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
Léo
Site Admin

Re: Layer Folder Tutorial file is wrong

Post by Léo »

Hello kelanhordos,
I'm Léo the one who have manage the Tutorials and create the files. In order to have a lighter project to use in the example, I take the liberty to remove some parts of the project. In fact, this file is from my animation project for TVPaint Animation 12 that will be release soon, and was too long and too heavy for a shared project. Sorry for the inconvenient.
This file is here to understand how the folders works and how to experiment the blendings through the folders, so I prefer to show the waterfall and the toucan, because it was better to understand and play with.
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 7 7745HX with Radeon Graphics CPU @ 3.60 GHz,
32 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.3 and 12 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
kelanhordos

Re: Layer Folder Tutorial file is wrong

Post by kelanhordos »

Hi Leo, oh okay, thanks for the info.

I was trying to follow along with the tutorial and expecting to be able to do that when you got to the layer blending modes portion, I understand the whole file is rather probably large now that you mention it.

If I may suggest though a mention in the YouTube video that the file is a truncated version of what appears in the video? I noticed another comment in the YouTube section asking about the same problem, so perhaps that would help. Cheers
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5