Have the specifications of KeyFramer FX changed?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kelanhordos

Re: Have the specifications of KeyFramer FX changed?

Post by kelanhordos »

s.decol wrote: 25 Jun 2024, 07:48
kelanhordos wrote: 21 Jun 2024, 17:46 +1 I ran into this problem a while back and couldn't figure out what on earth I was doing wrong. I tried playing with the offset as mentioned above, but I am not sure I understand as if I move the offset it moves the camera bounding box as well. Adding more keys with the offset just makes matters worse as there is more than one curve instead of straight line.
If the bounding box of the camera moves when you move your pivot, It's certainly because you move the center WITH the pivot. Make sure the checkbox beside the "Position parameter" is unchecked.
Thanks, that seems simple in retrospect!
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

s.decol wrote: 25 Jun 2024, 07:55
Peter Wassink wrote: 24 Jun 2024, 06:51
Hironori Takagi wrote: 24 Jun 2024, 01:46
I understand how to calculate the pivot point and set it to a position that does not move,
but I think it is a bit difficult to explain the same method to someone who is not interested in programming and mathematics.
how?
as a veteran tvpaint/keyframer user i have no idea how to do it. and i really tried it.

Keyframer is broken

No keyframer is definitely not broken, you just don't understand its new behaviour.

But I'm gonna dig into it to make it easier to use... Once again...
An updated video tutorial on how to use the KeyFramer FX with the new behaviour would be helpful.

s.decol wrote: 25 Jun 2024, 07:48
kelanhordos wrote: 21 Jun 2024, 17:46 +1 I ran into this problem a while back and couldn't figure out what on earth I was doing wrong. I tried playing with the offset as mentioned above, but I am not sure I understand as if I move the offset it moves the camera bounding box as well. Adding more keys with the offset just makes matters worse as there is more than one curve instead of straight line.
If the bounding box of the camera moves when you move your pivot, It's certainly because you move the center WITH the pivot.
Make sure the checkbox beside the "Position parameter" is unchecked.

Ok, so here is an example of how a new KeyFramer tutorial is needed. Is this information covered in the documentation ? How does anyone know to do this ? (i.e. "make sure checkbox beside the "Postion Parameter" is unchecked") Am I overlooking something (I apologize if I am overlooking it) , because I don't think it is covered here:

https://doc.tvpaint.com/tvp11/index.php ... -keyframer

https://doc.tvpaint.com/tvp11/index.php ... ramer-tuto

https://youtu.be/kZhzTo4hOgo

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
kelanhordos

Post by kelanhordos »

Man, you have no idea how frustrated I am at myself for thinking the documentation was just down because of the website and version change. Thank you for the link!
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
mikdog

Post by mikdog »

I'm not sure I fully understand why it's going in an arc and not a linear motion (I also encountered this issue) but I think I remember slowtiger's suggestion of putting the pivot point where the vanishing point should be (ie to where the final destination of the object should be) and maybe that might fix things to make it linear motion, since there'll just be scaling and no lateral motion?
But overall yeh, would be nice to have the option of just linear motion from A to B, thanks.
[EDIT, ahh I see this has already been answered, WITH a diagram, nice!]