Joining .mov files (exporting problem)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
IceDelight

Joining .mov files (exporting problem)

Post by IceDelight »

I've been making an animation with a friend of mine in TVPaint Animation. He's been drawing the frames on paper and I've been scanning and putting them into TVP, I'm never going to do it that way again, but for now I'll have to finish it that way.

The project started getting rather large, it was taking long to load and was lagging. So I split the film into 2, it's still quite bit but it is bette rthan before. I suddenly had the problem that the film was in 2 peaces, at first I though this wasn't a big deal, but it's turned out to be a pain.

First thing I did was this; exported the 2 clips in TVP, imported them into Adobe Premiere. I figured this would be good because I'm going to have to add a soundtrack later anyway. Firstly rendring in Premiere took about 10 times longer than in TVP, secondly the ratio was wrong, and third, re-rendering the videos wasn;t good anyway because thats a waist of time and will loose quality from compressing twice in a row.

The second thing I tried was an app called 'A-one Video Joiner', which says it supports .mov, which I have to use for university. I took the 2 clips from TVP and used this prog to join them. The output file was 512mb even though it should have been about 10mb, the video didnt play anyway, and the app then crashed :P

So please, if anyone could help that would be wonderful. I guess the perfect sollution would be if theres a way to join the 2 projects back again in TVP for them to export together int one video file.

Thank you for your time.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

you can copy/paste the layers from the second project into the first one,
then slide all of them at the end of the first part.
(or create a new animlayer, make it long enough, then keyframe the second project in it).
Keep Shooting

Post by Keep Shooting »

You can also copy-paste one .mov in the other .mov using QuickTime pro. Save as ... with "make movie self-contained" selected and there you go without recompressing and rendering.
Succes. Conny
IceDelight

Re: Joining .mov files (exporting problem)

Post by IceDelight »

Thank you for the help!

Both methods work, but the second is best for me because it is less time consuming and the two TVP projects are very large (and my pc is old), so combining them into one project slows down things a lot.