WIP The Donkey and the Well

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
slowtiger

Re: WIP The Donkey and the Well

Post by slowtiger »

a line is not a line it has additional meaning which is bound to it
Well, it's not "bound" to it. One of the more important tasks in art is to learn that any "meaning" of a line, a drawing, whatever, is quite arbitrary and mostly depends from circumstances quite far away from the actual line.

But I think we can end this discussion here and maybe just agree to disagree. As a personal hint: I don't see as much "meaning" in anything as other people seem to do.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
grumbleboy

Post by grumbleboy »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Or as my art school professor would say, Never push on your pencil; draw as if your eyes were closed.
Funny--I draw with my eyes open, but my drawings always look as if they were done with my eyes closed. :oops:

Post by NickA »

Hi everyone

Thanks again for the feedback. Looks like this topic has become quite philosphical.

Anyway, I've decided to keep going with this but cut it way back. It'll now be 5 scenes long with 2 backgrounds, 2 characters, no up or down shots and I'll keep the style I've started with. I'll also try to kee it under thirty seconds.

Hopefully that's ok for a first story-project. I'll try to post some updated work soonist.