2 hits combos brushes

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
lapprenti roi des singes

2 hits combos brushes

Post by lapprenti roi des singes »

Hi everyone.

It's been a while I was wondering if it was possible to combine 2 (or more) brushes in just one. To make the long story short, I'd like to have a natural and random feeling on a chinese ink brush. The next images are : my own TVP brush VS the real deal :

Have to admit that the TVP brush still looks a bit wooden compared to the natural one.

My purpose is to use the 1st brush, and combine with another one, much more random, on eraser mode. I know there is one way to do it : basically, draw my 1st stroke with the first brush, change brush, tune all the parameters, then push enter, so the stroke is repeated with the new brush. But it's taking a lot of time, and totally not intuitive. I'd like to do everything in just one stroke, so I won't have to interrupt my drawing.

I posted this topic already in the french section, and Zigotto kindly replied me with a solution (connecting the animation of the brush with speed, which sounds good but doesn't look like what I'm looking for) and also told me that there were requests already about combining an animated brush with an animated paper, but also suggested me to post it in English. He told me that Malcooning did some great stuffs in this field (I've already seen his wonderful set of watercolor brushes, and thanks him a lot for the finding, as I'm using it quite often).

Anyone have some other suggestion ?
Besoin d'un lift? J'ai garé mon nuage pas loin...
Fabrice

Re: 2 hits combos brushes

Post by Fabrice »

Here is a way to merge two animbrushes, and generate a new one : create two layers and use the cut tool with the "display" box checked.
(don't forget to play with the layers blending modes, the erase mode can be useful on the top layer, created from a paper)
Then you have to play with the settings (connect the animbrush behavior to the pressure, set alpha diff mode, etc ... )

I will try to post an exemple of brush as soon as possible.
Attachments
JJC.jpg
Fabrice Debarge