Sound through several Xsheet Projects?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
IceDelight

Sound through several Xsheet Projects?

Post by IceDelight »

Hi there, I was wondering if any one could help me? I'm afraid this has probably been answered somewhere else, but I did search, couldn't find it. I am going to be using TVpaint a lot more over the next year, so I will probably be asking lots of questions, I probably should start a thread about my project at some point, but for now, I will just post this question, as I had difficulty just coming up with a descriptive title for this one alone. I'm farely familiur with TVPaint, but I am trying to improve my workflow, plus learn the new features in 9.5, as they look very helpful.

My question is about the Xsheet and sound. I have a very basic project which has a bunch of short clips, which need to be played and repeated many times. Lets say one clip is a duck with a quacking sound, another is lawnmower with an engine sound. I have these clips repeating several times, I think I've figured out how Xsheets work (through the manual), so it is useful to use them to repeat these clips over and over, without having to duplicate them.

The problem I'm having is that the sound tracks do not work, well, the first one does, but any clips that have sound which are being sourced through an Xsheet don't play. I thought that maybe I could use an Xsheet and source a soundtrack seperately, but that option is not there. I'm guessing that the sound does not play because usually animations don't repeat sound that often, while my one needs to repeat them over and over again :P

Thanks for your time, any help would be great.

PS - I may be a little confusing because say 'clips' a lot, I think that perhaps what I mean is projects. As in, when you have several projects in the Projects tab, which can be linked together and used as seperate scenes in a single animated video. So what I mean basically is that sound does not play from seperate projects being accessed through Xsheets.
Mads Juul

Re: Sound through several Xsheet Projects?

Post by Mads Juul »

Have you considered using the faux-fixe instead of the X-sheet?
-Mads
IceDelight

Post by IceDelight »

Faux-fixe? I have seen it, but sorry I don't know what it is. I will look it up in the manual.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Read the appendixversion, because we changed a little the Faux-fixe with TVP 9.5 =)
IceDelight

Post by IceDelight »

Cool thanks.