Problem with cursor

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Litalmo

Problem with cursor

Post by Litalmo »

First post here so hi everyone! :D

When I use the pencil tool I get broken, angular lines. I think there’s a slight delay with the cursor. I’ve also noticed that when I choose the smooth-best option, it gets worse: I have to wait for a whole second till the stroke is done forming and the result is very off.
I have windows 7 64 bit and I use a cintiq.
Elodie

Re: Problem with cursor

Post by Elodie »

Hi Litalmo, Welcome in the TVPaint Community !

Which version of TVP Animation do you use ? Did you think to update it ?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Litalmo wrote:First post here so hi everyone! :D

When I use the pencil tool I get broken, angular lines. I think there’s a slight delay with the cursor. I’ve also noticed that when I choose the smooth-best option, it gets worse: I have to wait for a whole second till the stroke is done forming and the result is very off.
I have windows 7 64 bit and I use a cintiq.
Please can you post a screenshot of the result when you use those settings ?
smooth.png
smooth.png (6.98 KiB) Viewed 13087 times
[ EDIT ] : In fact, I'm not sure if you are speaking about the "Smooth Best" option of the brushes or the "Smooth" of the lines.
It can also comes from Windows or the Wacom drivers if they are configured to search if you keep the left mouse button activated.
Anyway, please post a screenshot, it would help us to answer your question.
Fabrice Debarge
Litalmo

Post by Litalmo »

ok, so I’ve restarted my computer and the problem seems to be gone for now. still whenever I switch from smooth medium to smooth best I get the delay.
You can see in the image how when I attempt to draw a circle with the smooth best selected (on the right) it gets distorted (as appose to the circle on the left) because of the delay-I wasn't going for a spiral. also I have the latest version of tvpaint.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Litalmo wrote:I have the latest version of tvpaint.
which one ?
Litalmo

Post by Litalmo »

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Litalmo wrote:ok, so I’ve restarted my computer and the problem seems to be gone for now. still whenever I switch from smooth medium to smooth best I get the delay.
You can see in the image how when I attempt to draw a circle with the smooth best selected (on the right) it gets distorted (as appose to the circle on the left) because of the delay-I wasn't going for a spiral. also I have the latest version of tvpaint.
The "Best Option" of the custombrush panel is not intended to be used for drawing, but to place/move very big brushes on the workspace without loosing quality.
If you draw, just use the "medium option", you computer should be able to handle it. :)

Also, please make sure you have the 9.5.18 version to avoid any old bug.
Fabrice Debarge
Litalmo

Post by Litalmo »

ok thanks :D