Linking Layers

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
crayon10

Linking Layers

Post by crayon10 »

I have no idea how to phrase a search of the forum for what I am about to ask. Is it possible to links layers so as one layer is moved, the other layer follows? If this is not clear I will try and phrase it in a different way.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Linking Layers

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Highlight the thumbs of the layers you want to move together and move one.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Sorry but I still have linking layers issues. I wont to use the transform tool but it will only move one layer.
mox

Post by mox »

"Enter" key is the way to go.
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

This was the only command combination that did what I wonted. Alt/Option Left mouse button.
Paul Fierlinger

I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. Your question sounded so straightforward to me because it is something I do all the time the way I answered it. But Alt/Option...??? Option where, of what? I'd like to learn something new.
Paul
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. Your question sounded so straightforward to me because it is something I do all the time the way I answered it. But Alt/Option...??? Option where, of what? I'd like to learn something new.
Sorry, I do need to learn to be more descriptive. I have a source image that I am tracing but I need to rotate the two layers in unison. I was trying to use positioning button to do this but it only moves one layer. Locking the layers really locks the layers, I could not do anything, so that was not working.

I fell into the solution when I was told one of the hot keys was the "page up" and "page down" button. A quick test pressing a combination of control, alt/option, and the apple key gave me the answer. Mac computer has a button called alt/option and with the up and down button I can now rotate all canvas layers. I am very green with all this but I will try and be more descriptive of what I am trying to do. I will also try and find the PC equivalent but no promises.
Paul Fierlinger

Thanks; all clear :D
Paul
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Well, it looks like I still need some help with the layers. I wont to rotate one layer on the table but not rotate the other layers. Is there a way of doing this with out setting up different projects.

I have multiple images of the same object from different view points. I trace my first source image then I wont to aline the new second source image with the first image, then make changes to the drawing.

This is slightly related, I can not import the same image into multiple projects.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

hmmm, not sure it will help, but can't you use the "out of pegs" feature of the lighttable ?
Fabrice Debarge
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Thanks you, I will look into. I am very red faced now because I never looked at the panel controls. That is going to have to be part of my mantra. The transform tool panel as a place to choose the angle to transform.

If the light-table works too, then I will have even more power in my hands. Thanks you for the quick response.