Elodie, donne-moi un widget, s'il vous plait?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
toonybrain

Elodie, donne-moi un widget, s'il vous plait?

Post by toonybrain »

I would love to have a TVPaint widget to add to my websites. The more I use this product and get to know its intricacies, the more I love it.

With all the brain power you have there at TVPaint Headquarters in Metz, I demand a widget! Whattya say? (It would be free advertising for TVPaint, too!) :D
Elodie

Re: Elodie, donne-moi un widget, s'il vous plait?

Post by Elodie »

Hahaha, I love your topic's name. I'm touched you think about me in first, even if I'm not a developer :mrgreen:

But what would you like to have in that widget ? I mean, which informations would be useful for you ? Or do you want only a simple widget saying "TVP is so great" ? :mrgreen:
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

You can bring up an App for iPhone/iPad and all the others.
It could have a direct link to the Gallery, eg showing up the newest entry... You will see the Gallery would come to be a crowded place with many hits per day.
Second, you could implement a news-section concerning everything which TVP Development is doing ...; or a tip of day...
And there could be more implemented (clever marketing-) stuff like this.
Anyway if you don't have a developer for Apps with enough time on hands you could ask a student to develop it for a budget.

Post by Elodie »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:Anyway if you don't have a developer for Apps with enough time on hands you could ask a student to develop it for a budget.
Well, it's not very honnest :mrgreen:

But this widget is not a bad idea, in particular concerning the gallery and the "tip of the day"... but it's not possible concerning the updates : we propose update every trimester, and we cannot say "hey, today we add an incredible function in TVP, but you won't be able to use it before 2 years !" =P

Thanks for the idea anyway ^^
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

In most cases it's total overkill to produce a dedicated app for a content. A decently made mobile internet page would suffice, is much easier to implement, and easier to maintain.

As for marketing purposes: a "Made with TVPaint" banner/button would be nice. Small, sophisticated, like those "Made with a Mac" ones.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

Elodie, I was thinking in more general terms than those who have responded. Just a cool-looking TVPaint icon that links to the website. Perhaps we could have a contest as to the "icon art" that will accompany the TVPaint logo on the widget. Oui?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

We are open to any suggestion. :)
Fabrice Debarge
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

Fabrice, the widget would be an advertisement for TVPaint. That's all. If you click on the widget, which would have the TVPaint logo on it and whatever else you'd like to include, and it would take you to the TVPaint website. TA DA! TVPaint users could put it on their websites because they want to promoting TVPaint (because it's wonderful), and TVPaint gets free advertising! Whattya think?
mox

Post by mox »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:You can bring up an App for iPhone/iPad and all the others.
It could have a direct link to the Gallery, eg showing up the newest entry... You will see the Gallery would come to be a crowded place with many hits per day.
Second, you could implement a news-section concerning everything which TVP Development is doing ...; or a tip of day...
And there could be more implemented (clever marketing-) stuff like this.
Anyway if you don't have a developer for Apps with enough time on hands you could ask a student to develop it for a budget.
A Twitter account would be enough and less time consuming (than producing an app)..
and a couple of official banners in the about /contact pages wouldn't hurt too! :)
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

...and as you know TVP is already on facebook.

Meanwhile time moves on. This April TB came up with this (- having the ability to export to different social network platforms):
http://apps.toonboom.com/flipboomliteipad/

The app is also for iPhone/iPod.

No comments about quality on my side for this app, but notice it's their first step in this field and it seems that there are more planned and will be published soon.
http://apps.toonboom.com/

And - as an old hat - with other goals on their mind there is still Autodesk's Sketch Up.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=13872203

It doesn't look to me that they have done it right but it is interesting and may I say, to have a website, or being on facebook, twitter, youtube or even having a nice paste-on label on your collar isn't the same as an App, which is a tool and also opening different markets.

Post by Elodie »

mox wrote:and a couple of official banners in the about /contact pages wouldn't hurt too! :)
Already included in the website => http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... /press.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mox

Post by mox »

You should add a direct link at the bottom of the home page, I didn't expect to find them there actually (when I was looking for them :| ).
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

that's why there is a "search module " :mrgreen:
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

Elodie wrote: Already included in the website => http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... /press.php
Holy mackerel, Elodie. These are exactly what I was looking for. Where you been hiding them? :wink: