Managing Storyboard

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
crayon10

Managing Storyboard

Post by crayon10 »

I am working on version 9.5 standard edition. The clips and scenes in the 'Project' window can not be moved. There are all fixed in the place where they first appear. Is the ability to break and join clips reserved for the Pro version?
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Managing Storyboard

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I'm not positively sure but I think it's the same in all versions. Left Click on the name part of the frame and hold down. Then move that click out of its place into another. Does this work for you?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Thank You, that does work. I clicked on every place but that name part and there is another issue. For some reason, some times the left click is a space bar and other times it is the 'apple key'.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

crayon10 wrote:For some reason, some times the left click is a space bar and other times it is the 'apple key'.
I think you mean *right* clic ?
It *should* be the space bar everywhere, if it doesn't work somewhere please tell me where and it will be fixed.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

ematecki wrote:
crayon10 wrote:For some reason, some times the left click is a space bar and other times it is the 'apple key'.
I think you mean *right* clic ?
It *should* be the space bar everywhere, if it doesn't work somewhere please tell me where and it will be fixed.
It works in TVP, what I was trying to say is that my other programs do not use the space bar. It took me a while to get use to this set-up.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

TVPA wa using the Ctrl key for many things long before it was ported to the Mac, so we just had to choose another key, or else we would have disturbed all our existing customers...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Paul Fierlinger

I just discovered something simple by accident (actually I watched a student do the following by accident and learned something new). In the project tab, if you want to separate a clip from a scene, all you need to do is drag the frame a bit away from the scene and let go. It'll pop back but with a separation space between the scene and itself, therefore becoming a new scene. If you need to do the opposite, connect a clip with a scene, drag the clip a little over the scene and let go; it will snap back but will now be connected as a part of the scene. There is no real need to use the little split and connect icons on the left. Very cool 8) . Is there anyone here who already knows this (or worse yet; am I the only who never knew this?) :shock: ?
Paul
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

I think it is in one of the tutorials or the PDF. I am not at the point of needed the storyboard to keep track of what I am doing.
Paul Fierlinger

I see you have the standard edition; I don't believe this applies to that one. The tab is there but I don't think it does anything.
Paul
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

It does work but with only one feature. I would if there is a way to import/export to Microsoft Word or if that would even be a worth while feature?

Still moving slowly forward.
Paul Fierlinger

In the Pro version there is all that and more that you can do. :| :|
Paul