Intel Mac Support

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
sandijenkins

Intel Mac Support

Post by sandijenkins »

Is TVPaint compatible with the Intel Mac and does TVPaint use a dongle? If so will the dongle work with the Intel Mac?

Thanks,
Sandi
cbandla

Post by cbandla »

Hi Sandi,

I've been running TVPA on a 17" Intel iMac without any problem with either the software or dongle. The main reason I went with it was because I wanted to work in the Mac environment and I couldn't do that with Mirage. TVPA also offers a couple of new features that I find very useful, the ability to rotate the drawing area for one. I wish Bauhaus and TVPaint Developpment could resolve their differences because I think that both the people at Bauhaus and the people at TVPaint Developpment are equally decent and helpful.

Charles Bandla
Rochester, NY
sandijenkins

Post by sandijenkins »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had my intel mac for 9 months and have not been able to use Mirage on my mac due to the dongle issue. It's very frustrating. I am using boot camp to run windows on my mac so I can run Mirage on the windows platform but I hate doing that and now I am having problems with Mirage using boot camp.

I will check TVPaint out via the 30 day trial.

Thanks,
Sandi
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

A friend of me has worked with TVPaint Animation on Mac Intel since may 2006 ... and had no problem with it. 8)

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hi Sandy,
Glad to you see there !
Don't worry, TVPAnimation runs very well on the Intel-based Macs as well as the PPC Mac.
Please note that the Wacom tablets runs also perfectly (which is useful to take the advantage of all the new Custom Brushes connections).

The developers have been prompt to adapt the technology to this new platform thanks to the simplicity of the Apple's Dev. Transition Kit !

Please note that the Mirage users can upgrade for a special pricing !

Regards,
Nicolas
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Hi Sandi!
nice to see you here.
You'll finds lots of big and small improvements in tvpaint
for instance i love that you can fill a color on a seperate layer and the palette memory that lets you quickly select previously used colors is also one of those handy little additions.
i hope you'll enjoy animating on your mac without problems :D

Peter
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
sandijenkins

Post by sandijenkins »

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the help. I have been playing with the demo and I really love the new features. I would love to upgrade but how do I do it. I live in California and I don't understand about Euro's. Are there distributors in the USA. How much is is the upgrade in American dollors?

Sandi
artfx

Post by artfx »

TVPaint wrote:
Please note that the Mirage users can upgrade for a special pricing !

Regards,
Nicolas
Is the full version downloadable or must we wait for discs to ship from somewhere? Do we use the same dongle or must we get a new one?

T
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
cbandla

Post by cbandla »

Sandi & artfx,

The upgrade price translated to about $320 usd. I recieved mine quickly, ordered on 8/21 and received it on 8/24 (France -> US). You get a installation disc and dongle.

I only had one problem ordering. The order page came up in french, but once I found out that the "Pays" field refered to the country name and changed it to show Etats-Unis d'Amerique(United States) the page was translated into English and the order went smoothly.

Charles Bandla
Rochester, NY
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

sandijenkins wrote:I would love to upgrade but how do I do it
Click on the link given by Nicolas and then on the "Buy it" link in the up-right corner of the page.
Then go to the 3rd point to know what do you do to upgrade your version.

Regards,
Patrice
Ex TVPaint Team