TVPaint on Lion 10.7

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

TVPaint on Lion 10.7

Post by Elodie »

I create that topic to reassure all mac users who plan to upgrade their Snow Leopard to Lion : TVPaint Animation 9.5.18 works without problems on Lion ! :D

Edit : some problem can appear, so think about updating your TVPaint to the 9.5.21 here : http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... update.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice

Re: TVPaint on Lion 10.7

Post by Fabrice »

nb : for those having problems with the dongle recognition :
Please make sure you have the lastest sentinel drivers from Safenet (v7.4.1) :
http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-down ... l-drivers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice Debarge
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Good to hear.

Is there support for Lion's 'full screen'?

Also, is there still a double "File Edit Project Clip Layer Image Effects View Windows Help" bar on a mac?

• Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hello Lukas
Lukas wrote:Is there support for Lion's 'full screen'?
There are two full screen modes : one for the project window (click on the little cathodic screen, in the menu bar, at the top), the second to play your project in fullscreen (press [F11] to launch it / [V] to quit it). If you use this mode, you won't be able to draw.
Lukas wrote: Also, is there still a double "File Edit Project Clip Layer Image Effects View Windows Help" bar on a mac?

Yes, but you can disable it in the menu preference > interface > use TVPaint menu.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Elodie wrote:There are two full screen modes : one for the project window (click on the little cathodic screen, in the menu bar, at the top), the second to play your project in fullscreen (press [F11] to launch it / [V] to quit it). If you use this mode, you won't be able to draw.
My project window is always full screen, but it would be nice to be able to use Lion's fullscreen function.
Elodie wrote:you can disable it in the menu preference > interface > use TVPaint menu.
Great! Thanks, I didn't know.
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Lukas wrote:
Elodie wrote:you can disable it in the menu preference > interface > use TVPaint menu.
Great! Thanks, I didn't know.
Oops, it doesn't seem to save that setting. If I turn it off, quit TVPaint, restart TVPaint, the menu bar is back again.
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

This bug linked to mac lion has been corrected on TVPaint 10 =)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

to TVPaint 10.0.2 users on Mac Lion : a bug has been found when registering your license. Unlock code is not memorized, so each time you launch TVPaint Animation 10.0.2, it will ask you your unlock code.

Please be patient, we are doing our best to correct that problem ASAP !

:oops: :oops: :oops:
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote:to TVPaint 10.0.2 users on Mac Lion : a bug has been found when registering your license. Unlock code is not memorized, so each time you launch TVPaint Animation 10.0.2, it will ask you your unlock code.

Thanks for the warning. I'm updating to Lion this week . :( (I love Snow Leopard and would not update if I had a choice, but my new work computer is a late 2011 Macbook and it ONLY runs Lion , no possibility of "downgrading" back to Snow Leopard. )

By the way, if any Mac users want to find out ahead of time what applications you will NOT be able to run on Lion (because there is no Rosetta on Lion to PPC apps) run this freeware app called ARCHDETECT. It will give you a list of all your applications, showing which ones are Universal, which ones are Intel only, which ones are PPC only.

http://archdetect.en.softonic.com/mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The big losses for me are so far are Audacity, Canon Scan Toolbox (for my Canon LIDE scanner) and Flash 8 , also my older versions of Maya and Mudbox. Also doubtful that my Epson Scanner software is going to work with Lion . (Epson is being very vague about whether it will work) . But I think I found an alternative that will run the Epson Scanner on Lion.

As soon as someone makes and easy to install , fool-proof Snow Leopard emulator working on Lion I'm getting it.
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 18 Jan 2012, 14:24, edited 2 times in total.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

I feel your pain...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

D.T. Nethery wrote:
Elodie wrote:to TVPaint 10.0.2 users on Mac Lion : a bug has been found when registering your license. Unlock code is not memorized, so each time you launch TVPaint Animation 10.0.2, it will ask you your unlock code.

Thanks for the warning. I'm updating to Lion this week . :( (I love Snow Leopard and would not update if I had a choice, but my new work computer is a late 2011 Macbook and it ONLY runs Lion , no possibility of "downgrading" back to Snow Leopard. )

By the way, if any Mac users want to find out ahead of time what applications you will NOT be able to run on Lion (because there is no Rosetta on Lion to PPC apps) run this freeware app called ARCHDETECT. It will give you a list of all your applications, showing which ones are Universal, which ones are Intel only, which ones are PPC only.

http://archdetect.en.softonic.com/mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The big losses for me are so far are Audacity, Canon Scan Toolbox (for my Canon LIDE scanner) and Flash 8 , also my older versions of Maya and Mudbox. Also doubtful that my Epson Scanner software is going to work with Lion . (Epson is being very vague about whether it will work) . But I think I found an alternative that will run the Epson Scanner on Lion.

As soon as someone makes and easy to install , fool-proof Snow Leopard emulator working on Lion I'm getting it.
I am sorry to hear that, but about audacity v.1.3.13 it is running on lion here.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ulrik wrote: I am sorry to hear that, but about Audacity v.1.3.13 it is running on lion here.
Thanks . Obviously I need to update my Audacity ! Glad to read it's running on Lion.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

TVPaint Animation 10.0.3 is available for Mac Lion users ! =)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

What changed ?
What has been fixed ?

Post by ulrik »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:What changed ?
What has been fixed ?
One thing I know have been fixed is that TVP stopped asking you for the unlock code every time you launch the program, thank you Elodie! :D