TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
habashtvpaint

Re: TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Post by habashtvpaint »

Nice, smear source sounds like a great tool for quick painting results
Elodie wrote:As we are talking about drawing tools, I take the liberty to show you the new custom brush feature, "Smear source".

Smear source needs a source that you can define in the Shape settings panel. Smear source allows you to smear the source (spare, layer, previous image...) you defined with the A color. This option is really great for people who want to make “painted rotoscopy”.
--
Animator for Life
Mac | 3.5GHz i7 | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.9 | TVP 11 Pro 64bit
Gochris1

Post by Gochris1 »

Smear source is awesome!
v.veidt

Post by v.veidt »

Elodie wrote:
We are planning something better. Stay tuned :wink:
I hope this means what I think it means; something to help all the nomads out there work on the go.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Joost wrote:Hello,

Does TVPaint 10 have a better way to use the color picker?
If you compare tvpaint 9.5 with Photoshop: It is much easier to pick a color in Photoshop because the color pick screen is more than twice the size of the tvpaint color pick screen.
Also in photoshop white is in the upper left corner, bright colors in the upper right corner, black colors on the bottom. In tvpaint it is different and therefore more difficult to choose the right color. Most of the times I use Photoshop to choose a color in stead of tvpaint.

Hoi Joost!
no, no... TVP's colorpicker is much bigger!
Untitled.jpg
:wink:
in de mixer kun je elk plaatje zetten dus ook je custom kleurmodelen.
als je zorgt dat het pipetje staat aangevinkt is het "one click" color picken
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

oliveuk wrote:this will be my last posting on this forum as the only thing I see here is stubbornness and narrow minded views.

OliveUK -

I hope you will reconsider the decision to leave the forum. Your voice is welcome here. Can't this one thing ("TVPaint Lite edition" ) be something you can live with and let go of , "agreeing to disagree" about ?

I don't want to derail this thread into a forum argument , but I must say that I strongly take exception to your comment about only seeing "stubbornness and narrow-minded views" here. In my experience the TVPaint Development team are among the most open-minded , most responsive software developers I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

In this case the TVP Development team has decided it's not a sound business plan for them to pursue a "TVPaint Lite" version at this time. Their research has told them there is not enough market demand to make it profitable . So that's that. I don't think that is narrow-mindedness , it's just the reality of the economic situation.

One more thing :
oliveuk wrote: - I was interested to see that "Tablet PC friendly interface" but the screenshots show just as much clutter as before and only 33% of the interface usable for actual drawing
Didn't we in fact have this conversation a long time ago ? That is , on how to maximize the drawing area on a tablet by docking the side bins and the timeline layers and keeping just a single Most-used -Tools toolbar open ?

Does this look like only 33% of the interface usable for actual drawing ? ---

(screen shot from Modbook tablet 13.1" screen , with TVPaint full-screen , side bins docked/hidden , Timeline docked. If I were to hide the play control bar at the bottom and hide the top most menu bar the drawing area would be slightly larger, but this is how I like it for my "Animation/sketching room") -

Pax ,

-DN
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

D.T. Nethery wrote:OliveUK -

I hope you will reconsider the decision to leave the forum. Your voice is welcome here.
+1 !
@OliveUK : I really like 3D animators who are using 2D rough animation as template ! 8)
and I agree, in this case, a big part of the tvpaint Pro software is somehow useless for these guys,
but to complete D.T.N comments, if the dev. team had to create a "special" version for each user's specific need,
it would be a nightmare to provide a good support for dozens different versions, don't you think so ?

in short, imo your wish for a "lite" version is legitim, but (alas) not planed by TVPaint , at least not yet,
that's not meaning this will never happen, who knows ....? wait and see.

meanwhile, the "plain" tvpa version does its job really well, and I think a freelance working
in animation business will quickly amortize this (extra)investissement.
so, let's animate, and enjoy v.10, the animator's swissknife which is constantly becoming better and better,
(big thanks to the lorrainer Team for that !) :D

and thanks you too for speading the tvpa quality here and there, along some animation forums on the net. :wink:
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Peter Wassink wrote:
Peter, how did you get the window that big? Dragging the corners doesn't work for me.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sewie wrote:
Peter Wassink wrote:
Peter, how did you get the window that big? Dragging the corners doesn't work for me.
Peter was joking : the color picker tab can't be bigger, but the color mixer can (see one of my posts, on the previous page), in TVPaint 10.

But, I must say, I don't know how peter has done to put a color picker gradient in its mixer O_o
Did I miss something ? Or did you make a "montage" :mrgreen:
ZigOtto wrote: and thanks you too for speading the tvpa quality here and there, along some animation forums on the net. :wink:
Thank you Zig, that's really warm to read such nice words =)
chatbraque

Post by chatbraque »

Elodie wrote: But, I must say, I don't know how peter has done to put a color picker gradient in its mixer O_o
screen capture ?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

The fake is confirmed, it was a joke (which will bring maybe a "last minute" new feature :wink: )
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

v.veidt wrote:
Elodie wrote:
We are planning something better. Stay tuned :wink:
I hope this means what I think it means; something to help all the nomads out there work on the go.
Yes, you have the idea. But we won't say more now. ;)

The only thing is it won't be a lite version. Selling something at 5$ on the tablet market would be the best way to kill our company.
Other animation companies (search the web !) have tried to do cheap products in the past, and the result was a loss of several 100.000 of dollars .., investors taking the control of the company, etc ..
Fabrice Debarge
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

But let's go back to TVPaint Animation 10.

Here is an other screen capture : the new Export Panel, much more friendly :)
Attachments
Export_Panel.png
Fabrice Debarge
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Elodie wrote:
Sewie wrote:
Peter Wassink wrote:
Peter was joking : the color picker tab can't be bigger, but the color mixer can (see one of my posts, on the previous page), in TVPaint 10.

But, I must say, I don't know how peter has done to put a color picker gradient in its mixer O_o

Elodie wrote:
Did I miss something ? Or did you make a "montage"
i am off course never joking:

-hold the colorpanel by its topbar press G
-Z scale the brush up
-put it down
- pick the gradient up as a custombrush
-export brush as imag
-RMB in colormixer> File > import the exported image as your mixer
ready

admittedly not the most practical but also not fake.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

So the trick is to first turn the panel into a custombrush. Though smart, it's not very practical.
Wouldn't a feature request for a scale-able colorpanel be better?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Peter Wassink wrote:-hold the colorpanel by its topbar press G
-Z scale the brush up
-put it down
- pick the gradient up as a custombrush
-export brush as imag
-RMB in colormixer> File > import the exported image as your mixer
ready

admittedly not the most practical but also not fake.
Ooookay, for sure, it's not the most practical. I didn't think about save the color panel as an image and reloaded it into the Mixer. Not bad !
But I think that adding a real feature would be better, hehe :mrgreen: