TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BenEcosse

Re: TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Post by BenEcosse »

Hi Kathleen, I'm sure you will love using TVP 10 especially as you are from a Fine Art background. It's the best tool for mimicking traditional hand drawn animation. Plus this a friendly and helpful place to get lots of advice. :)
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Yes, BenEcosse, this IS friendly and helpful place! I will be here a LOT, I am sure :D
I can see by your avatar, how lovely these tools can be. Just the sort of thing I like. Nice work.
Running an intel-based iMac and a MacBook Pro, both 64-bit, makes the V.10 so appealing, so I think I will play with the trial for a bit and wait for the 10 to come out.
Thanks, everyone,
Have a great weekend!
Kathleen
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14
sharonkatz

Post by sharonkatz »

Kathleen wrote:...I am a fine artist, illustrator, breaking into animation and am a very new newbie to it. Also, I know I am not eligible for this great offer, since I am only just beginning to work with the TVP trial version and am very new to the forums. But What I need to know, if you can help me, is will I benefit by waiting till version 10 is out or should I purchase 9.5 now and upgrade - the new interface is beautiful!
As a fine artist/illustrator, TVP seems to be the most effective way to create artistic type animation - the tools and brushes are phenomenal. Even more responsive than what I have been using in Painter 11/ Pshop/etc.
I hope to be up and "illustration animating" soon, so thanks for a great product, in advance!
Kathleen
I'm also coming from a fine art background so first I want to say that TVPaint is by far the best choice of software for what you want to do and it's great that you've already started working with it. I want to suggest that you wait for TVP 10 because it'll give you a little less of a learning curve (I gather the interface will be upgraded somewhat).

Sharon
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Sharon,
Thanks for the insight - I like the idea of a lesser learning curve! I am finding I agree strongly with your saying that "TVPaint is by far the best choice of software for what you want to do" because I have run trial versions of quite a few other software programs that just don't fit my needs. The money is a big chunk, but I don't think it ever makes sense to be "penny-wise and pound-foolish" and buy something just because of a lower price even when it doesn't fit one's needs. TVPaint is a big program, and I am going through the manual with a fine-tooth comb!
Thanks for your encouragement,
Kathleen
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Not exactly,Williams. TVP 10 is 32 and 64 bits. Dhomas had to make a new unlock code for our plugins for TVP 10 but these would not work anymore for 64 bits.
I recently ordered TVPaint thumbnail viewer for DOPus ... dhomas had remarked that he was surprised that tvpaint was still getting sales (???) ... he is really taking his time delivering the plugin ... playing email tag. now he tells me that it will be 1 - 1 1/2 weeks to deliver because he has to go out of town, offered me a refund. LOL .. I can wait I told him. (?????????????)

~peace
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Elodie wrote:Dear TVPaint users,

A History Panel

A new History panel has been added, and as you may guess, this panel allows you to navigate and recover all previously made actions, from the opening of your current TVPaint Animation session.
I would like ability to save out history action to custom panel action. additionally, save out brush history as a custom brush, or a custom panel action . please advise.

William
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

masterchief wrote:

A History Panel

A new History panel has been added, and as you may guess, this panel allows you to navigate and recover all previously made actions, from the opening of your current TVPaint Animation session.
I would like ability to save out history action to custom panel action. additionally, save out brush history as a custom brush, or a custom panel action . please advise.

William
Not possible yet, but those are interesting ideas for the future :)
Fabrice Debarge
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Fabrice wrote:
masterchief wrote:

A History Panel

William
Not possible yet, but those are interesting ideas for the future :)
it is difficult to conceptualize as I have not yet seen TVP v10, but I would like to utilize resources now made available in history action panel, and the brush history panel for scripting and custom panels.

Question: Is it now possible to record TVPaint program actions, allowing user to stop playback so that program actions can be reestablished at a specific moment. ?????
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

In custom panels, you can add a new button containing several actions. It's just the same as it is now.

But I think your reference in your question is the way it works in photoshop. So no, we can not do that. (it's maybe a "not yet", but you will have to wait until TVP 10.x)
Fabrice Debarge
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Fabrice wrote:In custom panels, you can add a new button containing several actions. It's just the same as it is now.

But I think your reference in your question is the way it works in photoshop. So no, we can not do that. (it's maybe a "not yet", but you will have to wait until TVP 10.x)
I was referring to how ZBrush works. you basically record a movie while you are sculpting, painting, whatever you want to accomplish. then you save it out for viewing later. when you play it back inside ZBrush, it can be stopped wherever, and the object inside ZBrush is live and editable.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

masterchief wrote:
Fabrice wrote:In custom panels, you can add a new button containing several actions. It's just the same as it is now.

I was referring to how ZBrush works. you basically record a movie while you are sculpting, painting, whatever you want to accomplish. then you save it out for viewing later. when you play it back inside ZBrush, it can be stopped wherever, and the object inside ZBrush is live and editable.
ok, I will take a look at Z Brush :)
Fabrice Debarge
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Fabrice wrote:
masterchief wrote:

It's kind of like a macro recorder some word processors have. The open source 3D animation app, K-3D, has a similar functionality, it basically "records" every action you make in terms of modelling and saves it as a script using an internal scripting language.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Fabrice wrote:
masterchief wrote:

http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Movie_Palette" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey Brett!
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Actually, the ZBrush Movie Palette is intended to help users generate video of ZBrush activity (including menus and buttons pressed, manual manipulation of the 3d model and automated turntable displays...)

"Macro Palette in ZBrush"
The Macro Palette lets you record short sequences of mouse clicks of specific buttons, sliders etc. and various brush manipulations of a model and saves it as a MACRO which can be played back to achieve exactly the same results as the original sequence of strokes. Of course the success of a macro playback requires that the state of the interface and active model be exactly as it was when the original macro recording was initiated.

"ZScript Palette in ZBrush"
On the other hand long ZBrush modeling sessions may be recorded, saved and reloaded, and rerun inside the ZScript Palette using a series of buttons found there - including Record, End Rec (with save option), Run, and other enhancements like annotations that explain each operation (stepmode is optional). In fact, by default Record is on when ZBrush starts up each session. You can just imagine how useful this might be as a tool for tutorials.

The "recording" simply generates a long list of text-based commands, X,Y cursor positions and mouse button clicks in the ZScript command language, somewhat comparable to the George scripting language in TVPaint. The main difference I think between the two is that ZScript was conceived and maintained from the beginning to function as both a recording tool AND a scripting tool - as a consequence it is very complete in command list and functionality. (One additional dimension to ZScripts: they are compilable so they run fast and the exact functionality of each script remains secure.)

On the other hand, TVPaint's George scripting by nature is always evolving in response to new functionality in each new release and specific requests from TVPaint users who use George to extend and enhance program functionality.

Perhaps TVPaint's new History panel will change all that? I'm curious to see how "History" works and, if/how it relates to George Scripting as currently implemented.

Sven
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

thank you Sven!!!!!