PreLoading Audio Files and Other Audio Issues

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
hilary

PreLoading Audio Files and Other Audio Issues

Post by hilary »

Hi -
Is there a way of preloading audio files into a TVP project - can't seem to find this anywhere. Also I have a wav file that works fine in TVP 9.5 but when keeps being rejected by TVP 10 (it says either it can't find the file - even when I have just opened the directory and selected the audio file) or it says it can't open it. Anyone else have audio file conflicts with TVP 10?
Thanks!
Hilary
Paul Fierlinger

Re: PreLoading Audio Files and Other Audio Issues

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Where are you attempting to load audio files from?Is it directly where the tracks are? Are trying to load a file into a clip or project?
Let me guess it's a clip. Go to the top of the layer panel where you open a curtain -- the white line just above the window "New". Pull it down and LMB on the little speaker icon to the right of the word MASTER and go from there.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
hilary

Post by hilary »

Hi Paul -
That is what I have been doing ( I am importing it into a 'clip' - but I don't seem to have the option for preloading the audio so I have to reload the audio if I open it else where and I have to send the audio file along with it which is kind of a drag. I am working with another animator and all the shots have lip sync. A lot of times I have to reload even when I have not changed the directory of the audio file. I need to reload if I open a TVP9.5 up on TVP 10
Cheers,
Hilary
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Mac OS or Win ?

This is the way TVP works at this time -- if you send a TVP project elsewhere, you have to send the sound file separately for your colleague to then load and save; they just don't travel as one piece (yet). I have the same thing happening between Sandra and myself. To make it a little easier, both of you should keep the sound file in a folder of the same name, preferably on a drive of the same letter as well.
Paul
hilary

Post by hilary »

Thanks Paul - Ok so I am not missing some obvious button- I am on Win 7 - and as I write I am having to revert to TVP 9.5 because 10 won't accept this particular audio track...
Paul Fierlinger

This is strange. Maybe it'll be worth a try to upload the file into a sound application, such as Audacity and save it out again under a different name.
Paul
hilary

Post by hilary »

Hey Paul -
I am doing that right now - trying aifs and other compressions but its not working - might just be that cut so going back to my source file. Now my custom brush panel won't open in TVP 9.5 hmmmmm. :x
Hilary
hilary

Post by hilary »

Ok - so figured it out - TVPaint 10 won't open 24 bit audio - changed it to 16 bit and it loaded OK...strange that 9.5 will though...
Paul Fierlinger

Strange again because I've been loading both in both versions. in TVP10 though audio plays best if the audio preferences are set to the same Hz as the wav files. Could your case have something to do with this? But I've never heard a case where TVP10 would reject a file for that reason, just not play it back well.
Paul
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

btw, feel free to send us that audio file, so we can do some tests. (send a PM to Elodie who will retrieve it)
Fabrice Debarge
artfx

Post by artfx »

I concur with what Paul said about organizing your audio files. I keep them in folders of the same name and the audio clips are named for the TVP clip they should attach to. They are all under the same folder hierarchy so when I send the project anywhere, it all goes together.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
hilary

Post by hilary »

I have done a comparison with other audio files that have worked and the kHz doesn't seem to be the issue (both 44 and 48 work) its just the 24 bit integer on that file seems to be the sticking point in not loading in TVP 10. I can send you the file if you want Fabrice. With regards to the preload I was hoping there was a way to just send one TVP file when working with others as opposed to folders and multiple files (that is the TVP file then all the audio files). I get the idea of setting up folder structures its a 'collect file' option that would be helpful (like AE) when transporting projects.
thanks,
Hilary
hilary

Post by hilary »

Oh - I just checked the preferences Paul - and the sound options show kHz but not intergers... I just converted another audio file that previously loaded into TVP 10 at 44kHz 16 bit to 24 bit (keeping 44 kHz) and it wouldn't open. So I am pretty sure its the integers not any corruption on that particular file.
Can't open.jpg
Can't open.jpg (56.66 KiB) Viewed 30483 times
Paul Fierlinger

But I work with files like these all the time -- actually a vast majority of my files are 24bit.wav files. How can it be a TVP issue? I'll even go so far as to guess that a vast majority of TVP users use 24bit.wav files. Doesn't that point to something being amiss on your end? It might be interesting if I sent you several of my files to see if you can open them... would you like to try this out?
Paul