Can you do scrolling backgrounds with symbol animation ?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
holyax

Re: Can you do scrolling backgrounds with symbol animation ?

Post by holyax »

slowtiger wrote:Check your project settings. It should be "Progressive", nothing else.
Thank you very much, sir :) that solves the problem :D
holyax

Post by holyax »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:You have "B" selected in the right corner of your project window, which means you have selected both interface options. Keep all your projects as NONE. I forgot how this is done in 9.5 (someone clarify please). In TVP 10 these options don't even exist anymore since they are superfluous for animation.
Oh I see now. I changed to progressive and that seemed to work fine :) Thank you

Now just the last question about Keep Aspect option in the FX stack. Could you please clarify what is it for? Is it only for HD stuff or should I take into account all the time?

Thanks again for replying
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

If you would check that right off the bat, you would get the same aspect ratio of your BKG, in other words a long rectangle. You need to make it be the way you want to see the rendered project in the aspect ratio of your "camera's viewfinder". Once checked, whatever you do with the size; make it smaller or larger or tilt it, it will always maintain the perspective of your desired final product. This is important to do because since you are not using two projects here, you are not seeing your background through the "lens" of your first project. This replicates that view.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
holyax

Post by holyax »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:If you would check that right off the bat, you would get the same aspect ratio of your BKG, in other words a long rectangle. You need to make it be the way you want to see the rendered project in the aspect ratio of your "camera's viewfinder". Once checked, whatever you do with the size; make it smaller or larger or tilt it, it will always maintain the perspective of your desired final product. This is important to do because since you are not using two projects here, you are not seeing your background through the "lens" of your first project. This replicates that view.
Ok that makes sense now :) Thank you Paul
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

If the keyframer had a simplified mode, with an embedded timeline, it would be a symbol. It's the one flash-like quality I wish TVP had. I keep hoping to see this dynamic timeline for symbols in the near future. Something I've been holding out hope for over ten years for!