problems with loading a plugin in tvpaint

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
martinminsel

problems with loading a plugin in tvpaint

Post by martinminsel »

Hi,

I am trying to compile a plug-in I wrote for tvpaint. Everything goes through without errors and the dll es created, but after I copied the dll over to the tvPaint/Plugins directory tvpaint doesn't show it anywhere.
I was thinking that it might be my code, but then I compiled the example flip plugin from the SDK and this isnt shown eigther.
So I guess it has something to do with my compiler settings.

Does anyone know how to compule it with gcc and cygwin?

this is what I did:
SOURCE = $(SOURCE)/flip.c $(TVPAINTAPI)/lib/dllx.c
gcc -c -std=gnu99 -I$(TVPAINTAPI)/includes $(SOURCE)
gcc -mdll -o $(PREFIX)/junk.tmp -Wl,--base-file,$(PREFIX)/base.tmp $(PREFIX)/flip.o $(PREFIX)/dllx.o
dlltool --dllname $(PREFIX)/bar.dll --base-file $(PREFIX)/base.tmp --output-exp $(PREFIX)/temp.exp --def $(EXPORTS)
gcc -mdll -o $(TVPAINTPLUGINS)/flip.dll -Wl,$(PREFIX)/temp.exp $(PREFIX)/flip.o $(PREFIX)/dllx.o

to check if it was loaded, I was making a new Tool Bar. RMB>AddAction on the first action LMB>setPlugins and it wasn't there. It would be awesome if anyone of you knows what I am doing wrong.

cheers
idragosani

Re: problems with loading a plugin in tvpaint

Post by idragosani »

You might want to read this thread, I went through this same thing a couple years back. I've since moved to Linux and can't get anything to compile now :-(

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also note there is a specific board here for SDK questions, too.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Eric Scholl

Post by Eric Scholl »

Hi martinminsel,

What's your OS ?
Is it a 32/64 bits OS ?
Is it a 32/64 bits Plugin ?
Is it a 32/64 bits TVPaint ?
martinminsel

Post by martinminsel »

Hi,

I found out that I was accidentally building 32 bit and not 64 bit-dlls while having the 64-bit version of tv paint installed. Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks to your help and the link to the older problem.

cheers,

Martin