Only show instance 'squares' when usefull.

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Elodie

Re: Only show instance 'squares' when usefull.

Post by Elodie »

Well, your rooms can be configureds differently, with different panels, colors, etc...
That's the purpose of the room. :D
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Elodie wrote:Well, your rooms can be configureds differently, with different panels, colors, etc...
That's the purpose of the room. :D
But does it store all 4 rooms in the same configuration (the configuration folder on the hard disk), or can you have 4 different configuration folders? (I mean the path you can edit in the startup window)
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Then aren't you asking if you can open two or more TVP projects at the same time, which is yes. The advantage of the rooms as I see it, is that you can work on the same project in 4 different rooms of the house, each one specialized for different tasks.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

No I'd want to be able to access multiple configurations in 1 tvpaint project. Not multiple projects or anything. I'll try to explain a bit clearer.

I have all my TVPaint settings in a dropbox folder.

"/Volumes/Dataatje/Dropbox/TVPaint/Lukas/tvp animation 10 pro/"

That way, I can always access TVPaint where-ever I am, if I need to work on a laptop, I can just install dropbox and set it as my configuration folder and am good to go (of course, I will forget my dongle is at the studio, so I'll probably be screwed anyway).

But right now, I'm working on a project with Joost and it would be nice if he could simply hop on my computer and change a drawing or something. He has saved his configuration in the same dropbox folder. So even if he is working on his own computer and changes his settings, they would also be changed on my hard disk. So there are two configurations on my HD:

"/Volumes/Dataatje/Dropbox/TVPaint/Lukas/tvp animation 10 pro/"
"/Volumes/Dataatje/Dropbox/TVPaint/Joost/tvp animation 10 pro/"

Now it would be nice to set up the rooms so Room 1 would use the shortcuts and panels from the first path, and Room 2 would load them from the second path. So if Joost changes a shortcut on his computer last week, I don't have to worry about importing his configuration manually. And we could easily work on eachothers systems without being confused about shortcuts etc.
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

This is so anathema to the way I work that my head spins just trying to imagine what life would be like for me under such collaboration efforts (LOL). This is certainly not a subject for me to get into but at least I made a contribution by getting your wishes better expressed and I'm sure someone will get back to you after the weekend...
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

For a discussion of this very subject (customizing and installing infinite rooms) and a solution you can explicitly use in your case you can look at the following (read to the end of the thread):

"Customizing and hot-swapping room data"

You'll probably have to experiment a little bit - be sure to backup your critical room data and use test data until you understand how magic numbers work.

Maybe starting a separate new subject/discussion-thread "Customizing, Saving and Restoring Room Descriptions", a title that makes more sense than "Freezing Rooms" or "Only show instance 'squares' when usefull" would be helpful for anyone else in the future searching for info, about customizing and randomly loading room descriptions?

Share what you learn as you solve your problem - would be the sporting thing to do. 8)

Sven

p.s. Thanks Zig and Masterchief...
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Thanks! I'll check it out :)
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo