Two quick questions...

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
chrisheadrick

Two quick questions...

Post by chrisheadrick »

I upgraded recently to TVP10, and there are some small adjustments I had to make...

1. Any way to cut down on the good 1 inch + of vertical drawing space lost to the area between the Panel Window and the Timeline? That belt there...where sound files and other things go....has gotten thicker. Any way to customize the screen to get rid of that lost space if I am not using those features?

2. In TVP10, I find that when I Cut a panel on the Timeline and Place it elsewhere, it replaces the panel there instead of creating a new space there and wedging itself in, as it used to do. So, I find I must create a space for anything I move before I move it. Any way to change the default behavior so that when I Paste something, it is Pasted in front of or behind the panel at the location where I choose it to be, instead of replacing that panel? I've lost some drawings to this already, lol!
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Two quick questions...

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

you need to get another monitor to get everything setup the way you need it to be, even a third one, all depending on what kind of work you do. I have four and am happy now.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

chrisheadrick wrote:1. Any way to cut down on the good 1 inch + of vertical drawing space lost to the area between the Panel Window and the Timeline? That belt there...where sound files and other things go....has gotten thicker. Any way to customize the screen to get rid of that lost space if I am not using those features?
I agree it's too thick and would also like to be able to get rid of that stuff in the GUI.
Paul Fierlinger wrote:you need to get another monitor to get everything setup the way you need it to be
Although I've got two monitors, I prefer having the timeline on the Cintiq. It helps me concentrate on my work and it feels much more natural to work scroll trough the timeline on it too.
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder
Paul Fierlinger

I keep my timeline docked to the right edge of my drawing panel so it's hanging way over to the side and across the secondary monitor butted up on the sane monitor as my drawing panel and I squeezed some custom buttons between the two panels as well.. But all the layer head control elements are on top of each other on the drawing panel -- you can't get them any closer.
Paul
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Lukas wrote:...
I agree it's too thick and would also like to be able to get rid of that stuff in the GUI.
+1.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

I don't understand what you guys see as superfluous at the bottom of the drawing panel. I repeatedly use every icon that is there in the course of a day and would hate to see anything go or become smaller. I have actually added an entire lineup of custom icons which add new controls to the area, all of which are related to the work done within the project window, so I have actually doubled the thickness of that area and it doesn't get in the way of anything, because below that are my legs. If you have a need to stack all the main panels on top of each other instead of spreading them to the sides, you should consider standing your monitor on its side. I see pictures of graphics artist working like that all the time.
Paul
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Sewie wrote:
+1.
+1

I'm have this experience as well that there is "Dead space" at top of the Timeline Panel. I'm rarely using the Clip Sound and never the Clip Notes when Storyboartding
I'm drawing on a Cintiq as well.
if I remember Correct Paul is not using a cintiq So maybe this is the main reason to the different drawing experiences?
-Mads
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.8 KiB) Viewed 16408 times
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Sewie wrote:
+1.
Here you can find a suggestion from january about it.
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7953
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM