Addin'Pen Catch Up Option' for 'Activate Smoothing Line Mode

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
TheQuestionMark

Addin'Pen Catch Up Option' for 'Activate Smoothing Line Mode

Post by TheQuestionMark »

Now that Lazy Nezumi Pro is out. Can TVPaint add 'Pen Catch Up' to Smoothing Tool Option in the Shape Setting. It's great for drawing angles. The way how smoothing tool is now you can't draw angles. It needs this feature badly.
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 22 Dec 2014, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Peter Wassink

Re: 'Pen Catch Up Option' Mode for Smoothing Mode

Post by Peter Wassink »

can you explain what you mean by "pen catch up"?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
TheQuestionMark

Re: 'Pen Catch Up Option' Mode for Smoothing Mode

Post by TheQuestionMark »

Peter Wassink wrote:can you explain what you mean by "pen catch up"?
It's really hard to explain. But the Easiest Way is to try Lazy Nezumi Pro and use the 'Massive Smoothing Mode' and Draw 'Right Angles-going for the sharpest right angles' (I set it to Moving Average "30" And with Pen Catch Up already On) . Right now how TVpaint 'activate line smoothing' option is 'pullstring mode' of Lazy Nezumi Pro not the other options of smoothing of Lazy Nezumi Pro. Activate Smoothing Line aka 'Pull String Mode' of TVPaint doesn't allow better 'Line to Line Connection' and drawing right angles. And the Line-to-Line Connection to me is very important to me and allows easier fill color besides the gap detection. 'How Lazy Nezumi Pro on 'Pen Catch Up' is that you don't need to lift full your pen to complete the stroke or lift your pen to draw right angles. Comparing to TVPaint 'Activate Smoothing Option' you have to lift your strokes to complete the line and it ends up taper lines, also the line skips when you try connect the lines together having a bad Line-to-Line Connection. I'm using Lazy Nezumi Pro and TVpaint 'Activate Line Smoothing' Separately. Oh I talk about a bug on 'Lazy Nezumi Pro' with TVPaint with Dual Screen Monitors please fix ( http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). ;.;

If there's ever Pen Catch Up Mode. I think there should be hotkey that's staple with 'Activate Smoothing Line and Pen Catch Mode' Together or something.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Peter Wassink

Re: Addin'Pen Catch Up Option' for 'Activate Smoothing Line

Post by Peter Wassink »

i looked it up on the lazy nezumi site
when you pause the cursor the line keeps moving till it catches up.
it looks indeed like a behaviour that you'd want to be able to apply,
and not altogether that hard to program.... but then... i wouldn't know about that :wink:
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
meslin

Re: Addin'Pen Catch Up Option' for 'Activate Smoothing Line

Post by meslin »

+1
I use Lazy Nezumi (with other apps, because of the TVPaint bug), and this is always the mode that I use.