Locked timeline

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Henk Beumers

Locked timeline

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hello all.

All of a sudden my Timeline panel behaves very weird. I can't recall hitting a unknown shortcut or what else.
I just noticed at one moment, my Timeline panel was attached to the upper iconbar and I couldn't move it anymore. It did not respond to the cursor. I was not able to change it at all. The upper right corner controls were hidden under the iconbar. After several attempts to click one of the markers in the upper right corner the interface changed from two monitors to one with the Timeline panel full frame. Click on the horizontal line moves the Timeline panel to the hidden position and clicking the triangle moves the Timeline panel to the lower part of both monitors but slill I'm not able to move it around with the mouse. At this moment I manage to work with the Timeline panel fullframe on the left monitor without being able to bring it down to the lower part of that monitor so there is some space left in the upper part of the left monitor where I normaly keep a number of panels I use a lot.
I can't find anything about this in the manual. ( I suck in finding things in manuals.)

Regards Henk.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.
Animark

Re: Locked timeline

Post by Animark »

I am not sure if I understood right, but did you tried to doubleclick on top of the timeline (there where information about clip, layer and image are).
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Animark.

Yes. But dubble clicking the top of the timeline had no effect because the upper part, where the cross the line and the triangle are located, was hidden under the icon bar of TVP. How it managed to get there is a mistery. It was stuck there.
The problem solved itself by the way. Now everything is back to normal. Something must be very wrong because the whole system is a real pain in the ass to work with. I spend alot of time and money on it but with no result. It must be hardware related because I installed TVP on a new SSD with some other software but there is no difference. It still acts like haunted only a bit more fast now it's on a SSD. Weird non existing pencilsizes. No reaction from the effects panel. crashes when working with the warp tool but also random with different tools. sometimes just not responding. Now this timeline thing. There is nothing to pinpoint this behavour to at least not that I was able to understand.
Best solution would be to buy a new computer but that is not going to happen for a while.

Thanks, Henk.
Henk Beumers
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Henk, have you tried opening TVP with a new configuration?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Paul.

Yes I tried almost everything in the past 2 or 3 years even if it was unlikely to work.
The problem with the timeline is new but it will be back as all the other problems keep comming back for years now. As I said, it's most likely a hardware problem but "even" with the help of MS I was not succesfull fixing it.
I'm sick of spending time and money to find a solution. I'm glad the timeline problem lasted 2 days and then worked like normal.

Thanks, Henk.
Henk Beumers
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

My most sincere réaction : :shock:

I really don't know how you could experience this. Next time, could you please send us a screenshot and your config ?
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Elodie.
The specs of my configuration are at the bottom of my reply. What more do you want to know.
As for the screenshots. I could have made one of the timeline stuck under the interface. It just isn't the first thing you think of. You're at wotk and you try to find a solution before you consult somebody else. There are all sorts of mistakes I could have made to cause it. You spend some time to try and solve the problem and in this case it solved itself.
For the other things. As I have this ghost brush. What would you learn from a sceenshot. It's just a normal brush. 5 pixels. Always on erase. And with pressure on every box. And it's not a brush I defined. And on 2 OSses. It looks not abnormal. But I will make one the next time it appears. It comes and goes. Sometimes not for a whole week and than every ten minutes in a day.
For a chrash I don't know if I can make a screenshot when the system hangs. I don't think so. But it is not only with TVP. It also hangs with Photoshop and Firefox and Adobe acrobat. The screen freezes and becomes more white. In the topbar it says. "The programme is not responding". It's a wide spread problem caused by so many reasons as there are articles about it on the internet.
That's why I think it is hardware related. I replaced almost everything but the motherboard.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Henk, I was just asking a screenshot for the timeline problem, not for the other ones.
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Well I didn't make a screenshot from te timeline. It like normal again. But today out of the blue a new crash. I wandered if I could make a screenshot of it. I could.
So hereby. Maybe You can make something out of it. Since a few years I have this on a regularry basis.
Henk.
Attachments
scr.dump chrash 15-04-2015.png
scr.dump chrash 15-04-2015.png (271.49 KiB) Viewed 23317 times
Henk Beumers
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You experienced a crash. A crash cannot be identified if you don't bring any further explanations. It's like going to the doctor and say "I'm ill" and then, not being able to tell if you have a headache or nausea.
Here, it's the same : you have to help us to identify the problem by telling us "I was doing this ans that and bim, it crashes".
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Elodie.
Of course it's difficult. I discribed these crashes a number of times in the past few years with no result.
This time it freesed when I quited the programme but it freezes when I work with the warp tool. It freezes when I try to save large or small files. There is no constant factor that I can pinpoint it to.
Yesterday I was having this ghost penbrush, I mentioned earlier, every time after I used a mask. But also that is not constant. There is no telling what happens next.
I said this timeline problem (topic) is comming back for sure. Today I open TVP and I have this weird interface with the timeline stuck even more under the top bar. ( Screenshot hereby ) If I close the panel with the shortcut it reveals this left side panel that I normally don't use. But now it open. It's an unworkable situation.
I don't know what to do. Every thing is updated. New installation on new hardware. New grafics card. Us mutch memory is it can take. Got everything disconnected that I can do without.

Henk.
Attachments
TIMELINE STUCK01.png
TIMELINE STUCK01.png (169.07 KiB) Viewed 23317 times
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Elodie.
This is what happens every time I start TVP nowadays.
TVP opens with the timeline panel full frame on the right monitor. ( pic 1) The only way to change that is to click on the horizontal stripe icon in the top right corner. It's the only way to get the panel to the left monitor (pic 2) where the top bar is partly hidden under the top interface bar. the right part of the panel is on the right monitor over the other tool panels I had to move there. At this position I can change the size of the panel but I cannot move it. When I click the right top corner of the panel it will go to full frame on the left monitor (pic 3) but I cannot change the size. It's on that position and there is no way I can get it to the lower part of the LM so I can put the other Tool panels on top of it and have the RM free to draw.
I work like this now but it's every day the same story. My prefereces are on remember the last used configuration but stil I find the timeline panel full frame on the RM as discribed before.
See what you can make out of this.

Henk.
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

forgot to attach the images. Here they are.
Attachments
timeline 01 25-04-15.zip
3 images belong to the previous post.
(438.85 KiB) Downloaded 782 times
Henk Beumers