Timing and Backgrounds

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kittycat12

Timing and Backgrounds

Post by kittycat12 »

I am new to TvPaint and there are two things that I can't figure out about the program. First, I sometimes have to fix my timing. I know when the layers are even, I can Shift+Click the layers and fix the timing all at once. Is there a way to fix all my layers that are uneven all at once as oppose to doing it individually since that's very time consuming? I've attached a file of me fixing the timing in Adobe Flash to show what I want to accomplish in TvPaint.

Another problem I can't figure out is moving the background. I am able to move it with the keyframer but it cuts the background to the size of my TvPaint document. For example, if my TvPaint file is 1280 x 720 and my background is 2000x720, the background will move but it will get cut to 1280 x 720. How do I get my background to move but keep it's original size? Thank you.
Attachments
framesss.jpg
framesss.jpg (117.59 KiB) Viewed 7256 times
Peter Wassink

Re: Timing and Backgrounds

Post by Peter Wassink »

Hi Kitty, welcome to the forum.
regarding the background issue:
tvpaint doesn't allow content larger then the project (this limit is a heritage of the original architecture and can't be easily fixed, but work is underway)
so for now, to move a larger BackGround image, this image has to have its own larger project.
You can then use the KeyFramer to import and move this BG without it cutting off, by setting your KF source to the BG project
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Re: Timing and Backgrounds

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote:
kittycat12 wrote: Another problem I can't figure out is moving the background. I am able to move it with the keyframer but it cuts the background to the size of my TvPaint document. For example, if my TvPaint file is 1280 x 720 and my background is 2000x720, the background will move but it will get cut to 1280 x 720. How do I get my background to move but keep it's original size? Thank you.
Hi Kitty, welcome to the forum.
regarding the background issue:
tvpaint doesn't allow content larger then the project (this limit is a heritage of the original architecture and can't be easily fixed, but work is underway)
so for now, to move a larger BackGround image, this image has to have its own larger project.
You can then use the KeyFramer to import and move this BG without it cutting off, by setting your KF source to the BG project
Kitty, see this recent topic with the screen shots I posted on creating an over-scaled Project , with overall size of Project canvas area at 200% of the intended Camera View output (1920 x 1080), so you have plenty of room to move things around outside of the camera view , OR as Peter suggests create the BG on an over-scale Source Project and then make a New Project at normal size (say , 1920 x 1080) and use the KeyFramer Tool in the FX Stack to move the Over-Scaled BG source project.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9292#p85664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also , see here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5682#p50391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6163&start=0#p55315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5724#p50727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1