Create a Menubar

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Broughtvulture

Create a Menubar

Post by Broughtvulture »

Is it possible to create a Menu Bar and then add your own content into that Menu Bar, using George Scripting? I want to create my own Custom Panel, using George Scripting.

I've got some of the basics down and know how to do simple coding based off this reference: http://wiki.tvpaint.com/index.php?title ... _Reference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I appreciate any help and if what I am asking is not possible, how did LazyBrush do it?
lazy-brush.com/

Specs:
TVPaint 11.0.3 Pro - 64 bit
Windows 7 64-bit
FX 8350 8 Core - 16 GB RAM
TVPaint Professional 11.0.8 64-bit

BNV
schwarzgrau

Re: Create a Menubar

Post by schwarzgrau »

I'm not sure if I get what you want. Usually you create a custom panel and fill it with buttons, which can use keystrokes, brushes or george-scripts. The buttons are all of the same size and can't display any informations. Is it that what you want or do you try to achieve something different ?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

You can put scripts on george panels but not create panels with scripts. You'll have to create plugins for those kind of things (but i'm not sure how it works)
Lazybrush is not integrated with tvpaint I guess, it's just interacting with your wacom driver on your OS. I was thinking about lazy nezumi sorry
Last edited by NathanOtano on 17 May 2016, 11:55, edited 2 times in total.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Broughtvulture

Post by Broughtvulture »

I want to be able to edit tool parameters in real-time, like the default panels on TVPaint can.

I heard about George Panels, in context of a word or two; but never got to see them in action or understand how to implement them.

Hopefully the picture will reduce the confusion. I want to make a panel like the Green box, where all changes are made in real-time and you have the ability to change multiple parameters.

Windows 7 64-bit

BNV
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Orange and violet are possible, green isn't, as far as I know.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

George scripts are plain text lists of instructions that can be assigned to buttons. Clicking a button executes the script.

Custom Panels contain custom buttons which offer one or more of the following options when you right click on a button:
1. execute an individual George command
2. set APen color
3. set BPen color
4. set a tool and its parameters
5. set stored light table settings
6. execute a George script (scriptname.grg)
7. execute an embedded George script
8. execute one or more keystroke actions (one per line)
9. execute an FX .bin file
10.execute a Plugin
11. open/close/toggle a SYSTEM panel

What you are trying to do is create a SYSTEM panel which requires programming in C that makes calls to functions in the TVPaint SDK (Software Development Kit) which compiles to a custom plugin that can be incorporated into TVPaint so that it is loaded at startup. That is how the LazyBrush SYSTEM panel plugin was created.

Wikipedia - Plugin

Bottom line, George scripting won't do what you want to do.

Sven
Last edited by Svengali on 17 May 2016, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Sorry for the mistake, I was writing lazybrush but talking about lazynezumi which is a completely different thing :?
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Broughtvulture

Post by Broughtvulture »

Svengali wrote:George scripts are plain text lists of instructions that can be assigned to buttons. Clicking a button executes the script.

Custom Panels contain custom buttons which offer one or more of the following options when you right click on a button:
1. execute an individual George command
2. set APen color
3. set BPen color
4. set a tool and its parameters
5. set stored light table settings
6. execute a George script (scriptname.grg)
7. execute an embedded George script
8. execute one or more keystroke actions (one per line)
9. execute an FX .bin file
10.execute a Plugin
11. open/close/toggle a SYSTEM panel

What you are trying to do is create a SYSTEM panel which requires programming in C that makes calls to functions in the TVPaint SDK (Software Development Kit) which compiles to a custom plugin that can be incorporated into TVPaint so that it is loaded at startup. That is how the LazyBrush SYSTEM panel plugin was created.

Wikipedia - Plugin

Bottom line, George scripting won't do what you want to do.

Sven
The truth hurts, but either way I appreciate everyone's effort to help; Thanks.
Windows 7 64-bit

BNV