All my frames disappear when I open my saved file!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
hilary

Re: All my frames disappear when I open my saved file!

Post by hilary »

Hi-
Was debating on starting a new topic on this but decided to join this conversation as my issue is the same. I have a student who imported a single PNG as drawing ref for her TVP project (TVP 11.01) it was large but we clicked the resize to match TVP project settings so there was nothing unusual. I have done this myself many times with no problems. But when she reopened the file all her animation was lost - all layers gone. Like the previous issue - it opened as if it was new. Having just read this thread I have checked the project versus clip tab and the animation is in another clip. I have never had this problem myself I am curious why this should happen? Not once but twice (she re- did the animation thinking it was gone :( I tested the same PNG import on a different computer and it actually overwrote the animation layer upon import I had in there. But this bug was random - sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. Any ideas on this? On another note - on the topic of the language around 'PRELOAD' I think it is totally clear. Loading to me means embedding not linking. Hope you don't change it :) That's my two bits....
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I think the origin of the trouble comes from the choice made in the Import Footage Panel.

You will notice 4 tabs : Project, clip, layer and brush.
Your student probably mixed Clip and Layer tab (for their settings are the same). So when she imports a file and chooses "clip", the png is imported in a second clip : her project is then made of 2 clips, an empty one (the first clip) and a second clip with the imported png.

When you save the tvpaint file and open it, the display is always on the first clip (which is empty, in that case).
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

hilary wrote:(TVP 11.01)
I would advise your student to update to the latest version of TVPaint Animation 11, just in case : 11.0.3 ;)
hilary

Post by hilary »

Thanks Elodie,
I guess that was it. But isn't the default (when importing a single image) on those tabs 'layer'?
thanks
Hilary
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Nope, the default is project.