Preserving white line

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
slowtiger

Re: Preserving white line

Post by slowtiger »

When you've built a brush and want to store it in a Custom panel, take care to set it to the right colouring mode (Alpha stamp), and use "Grab current tool", not "Grab current tool with colour" - which would be the choice if you wish to use this brush with a certain colour only.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Janet Perlman

Post by Janet Perlman »

Thanks, Elodie. Even if I change the color, when the brush is in color mode, it is always green. If I select white, the stroke is still green, or green mixed with a color. That is why I use alpha stamp. Then it is white. I am not sure how I came to make this brush. I was looking for a certain quality, and this is the best one. I have been trying to find a good reference for explaining the brushes. I am just starting with version 11, so maybe there is something in the manual there.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I think you mix "drawing mode" and "stamp mode".

Drawing modes : http://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index. ... wing-modes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stamp mode (only for custom brushes) : http://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index. ... parameters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With a custom brush, set the drawing mode in "behind" and the stamp mode as "alpha stamp" to keep the alpha channel (transparency / opacity) but use different colors.

Have you watched the video tutorials ? those details are explained :)
Janet Perlman

Post by Janet Perlman »

Thank you so much, Elodie. Well I wasn't really mixing them up. At home I use TVP 10, and in that version, "origin" is instead "colour", just to make things confusing. But I have not gone through this documentation nor watched the videos, so I'll just be quiet and try and learn from these resources. Thanks.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Janet Perlman wrote: Thank you so much, Elodie. Well I wasn't really mixing them up. At home I use TVP 10, and in that version, "origin" is instead "colour", just to make things confusing.
Sorry, "mixing up" was not the best word to explain what I had in my head, but I was precisely thinking about this. :)
In my previous post, I wanted to give a deeper explanation, but I was a little lazy, so here it is :
Back in version 10, there were a "colour" drawing mode and a "colour" stamp mode. The localization of the second one was changed for "origin", which is actually more correct, for this mode keeps the original appearance of the custom brush (when you cut it out).
Janet Perlman wrote:But I have not gone through this documentation nor watched the videos, so I'll just be quiet and try and learn from these resources. Thanks.
And if you need further explanations, please go ahead (and never hesitate to share images or even video : sometimes, it's faster to understand a question with a few images than a lot of words :D)