Is it possible to use 11 after the upgrade to 12?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
marijaye

Re: Is it possible to use 11 after the upgrade to 12?

Post by marijaye »

xxxxx wrote: 24 Jun 2024, 21:29 is there an official statement aside from " 'user have to end the work, that's what studios doing before the update'" ?

The number of bug reports for tvp12 is concerning, and I'm reluctant to upgrade if it means losing access to tvp 11.
it could be understandable if tvp12 was 100% retro-compatible AND bug free, but it seems a lot of early adopters are paying >900€ to beta test the product at this point....
Toon Boom lets you use previous versions after an upgrade. I think it's the right way to address any retro-compatibility issue and alleviate any friction due to bugs from latest releases.

If running both tvp11 and 12 after an upgrade is not currently allowed, please rethink your upgrade policy ASAP, we NEED access to previous versions we have bought.
I did not do my research before upgrading, as I used to be able to switch between versions, and am now stuck with a crashing animatic I created in TVP 11 that I can only open in 12. I have asked TVP if I can downgrade until they fix all the bugs, but have not heard back yet. I do feel like I paid to be a beta tester, there are so many crashes. :( There are also other weird bugs I keep finding, which I will post separately if they continue (I've already got two threads going for other crashes.)
mari jaye
Windows 11
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz
32 GB Memory
1TB HDD/ 1 TB SSD/ 2 TB HDD
Touch
TVPaint Pro 11.7.3 64-bits
Acornspreader69

Post by Acornspreader69 »

ini wrote: 31 May 2024, 12:43 Image
Wow. Considering how much trouble the newest Version of 11 caused for me, not being able to downgrade really sucks. I can see why they would want this though... Thinking about switching to blender lol
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

Update on my end: While I was in the middle of working, TVPaint shut down and said I did not have a license. I checked my license online and saw it had been reverted back to 11 (I requested this via email over the weekend.) I have not received any email correspondence, but have now re-installed TVP 11 and will stay on this version until I hear that 12 is running more smoothly. I was refunded for my purchase of TVP 12 via Paypal, with a note from Dean.

I will check back in periodically to see if there are any updates on the update!
mari jaye
Windows 11
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz
32 GB Memory
1TB HDD/ 1 TB SSD/ 2 TB HDD
Touch
TVPaint Pro 11.7.3 64-bits
xxxxx

Post by xxxxx »

I checked my license online and saw it had been reverted back to 11 (I requested this via email over the weekend.) I have not received any email correspondence, but have now re-installed TVP 11 and will stay on this version until I hear that 12 is running more smoothly. I was refunded for my purchase of TVP 12 via Paypal, with a note from Dean.
I'm glad you're able to work now, but at least they could have messaged you before switching you back to 11 :lol:
I guess I'll stay with 11.7.3 for now until they release a newer version... Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, it's helpful.
win10 21H2 64bits. i7-13700K 64GB / rtx4090
TVPaint 11.7.3 Pro 64bits
pendisplay: Huion Kamvas Pro 27 - drivers v15.7.6.1001
android: Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+ - android 14 (tvp 11.7.2 not working on this model so far)