Wonderful .

Very nice news !
Elodie

Re: TVPaint on Lion 10.7

Post by Elodie »

ulrik wrote:
Klaus Hoefs wrote:What changed ?
What has been fixed ?
One thing I know have been fixed is that TVP stopped asking you for the unlock code every time you launch the program, thank you Elodie! :D
Yep, that's it =)
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion Sneak Peek
 http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/

Too fast Apple, your pace of release is too fast !
I maintain MacOS 10.6 environment for the time being.

-----
Edited : 17th Feb 0:40 (JST)
Grrr, I mistake "fast" spell error because for got shocked ! :x
Last edited by ten_zero on 16 Feb 2012, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Oh damn... A new OS yet ? *siiiigh*
habashtvpaint

Post by habashtvpaint »

OSX 10.8 isn't a big update in the sense of changing everything, its more likely made to nearly combine OSX and iOS ... I think Apple is preparing for the launch of window8 which is suppose to run on all platforms. what i wonder about is... if someday there will be an apple operating system that can run on both macs and iPad, does that mean we can animate with TVPaint on an apple tablet??
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

I think more it is to get rid of 10.6, because of their policy to only support the last two version.
So instead of making a minor release of 10.7 they make a makor one, and users just have to switch if they want to continue to have support...
And as a MAlus they get the App Store...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

I received this subject email from Apple today ; "Introducing Developer ID and Gatekeeper" for MacOS 10.8 “Mountain Lion”. May TVPaint Animation for Mac be changed specifications of install process or continue a current method ?
Last edited by ten_zero on 01 May 2012, 04:41, edited 1 time in total.
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Excuse me for delete this post because for failed by human error.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I just strongly hope that developers all over the world don't fall for this "gatekeeper" trick, which is just Apple's way to make sure all software is only available through iTunes, they get their share, and they decide which software is allowed to run on my Mac.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Well, everytime that a politician or a company says that something is done for your security, you can be sure that it means : " We are going to have more control, and you are going you pay more money. "

Our aim at TVPaint is to keep our software multi-platform, as long as possible.

The increasing number of stores (App Store, Android Store, Ubuntu Software Center, ...), are clearly against the logic of using a multi-platform software.
The reason is simple : they are making money everytime a software is sold, and without doing anything. :x

It sounds like Apple has copied an old idea from Microsoft who wanted to have only "certified drivers, certified hardware and certified software, ..." :|

We need to have some intern discussions here at TVPaint to decide if we will use their Gatekeeper/Developper ID stuff.
But as you can see, I'm not a big fan to beg to Apple the possibility to develop on their OS, mostly because we are slightly moving to the "App Store only solution".
For your security, of course... :?
May TVPaint Animation for Mac be changed specifications of install process or continue a current method ?
We will see once we will test OS 10.8. It's a bit early to know. But I'm afraid that we will once again lose a lot of time to be compatible with the new OS.
Fabrice Debarge