About the "Untitled (1)" project

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Lukas

Re: About the "Untitled (1)" project

Post by Lukas »

Svengali wrote:I'm a little confused about the "whatnot" part.
Memory in my brain I guess, to me it's illogical and confusing to have a project opened for no reason at all. And sometimes at the end of the day it even warns me I didn't save it. What, why?
Joost wrote:Imagine a program like word/pages/open office always has an extra empty page or a program like photoshop. That would be really silly. It's a strange choice to keep an empty project next to the project you just opened.
Yes! Look at how other software deals with these kinds of problems and learn from them.
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I guess the TVPaint rule is that there must be at least one open project in TVPaint at all times perhaps because all buttons, shortcut keys and program actions need a project in memory to "focus" on?
You are 100% right Svengali. You got the way the current engine works.
That's why it's not that easy to do in terms of C++ development, and not the top priority in the "TO DO" list.

Even if we agree with many things that require to be improved, we have to select the most important ones, and focus on them.
We also need some time to develop new options.

One step after the other. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Joost

Post by Joost »

That's why it's not that easy to do in terms of C++ development, and not the top priority in the "TO DO" list.
Ok Fabrice, I understand that it's hard to start without the "untitled 1" project. But that's not my biggest concern. The problem in my opinion is that when you open a project, it still keeps the "untitled 1" project next to your opened project. I can't imagine it's that hard to solve this? Or is it?...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I think it should be possible to close an unused "untitled" project the very moment you open another one. Other software behaves like this as well.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Joost wrote:
Ok Fabrice, I understand that it's hard to start without the "untitled 1" project. But that's not my biggest concern. The problem in my opinion is that when you open a project, it still keeps the "untitled 1" project next to your opened project. I can't imagine it's that hard to solve this? Or is it?...
ok go it, so in this way, I think there is probably something to do to tweek it, but the dev team will confirm next week, after we have finished to move.
Fabrice Debarge
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

slowtiger wrote:I think it should be possible to close an unused "untitled" project the very moment you open another one. Other software behaves like this as well.
It would be a great solution :)
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder