Various stuff made with TVPaint

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Fabrice

Re: Short movies made with TVPaint

Post by Fabrice »

D.T. Nethery wrote:This film is not yet complete , but is seeking funding (via Kickstarter) . The animator , Hilary Moses, is using TVPaint to make the film.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/409 ... m-creamers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/creamersanimation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if someone wants to contact her : she is a forum user btw :)
http://forum.tvpaint.com/memberlist.php ... ile&u=2265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Re: Films made with TVPaint

Post by Elodie »

http://www.cinema-public-films.com/pages/torben/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Apple and the Worm, French version : will be availble in theaters on November 20th 2013
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

A little advert'

German version

English version
Besides developing a rather strange workflow-mélange form TVPaint to Photoshop to C4d to After Effects and the other way round or what ever, I had the opportunity to do some nice illustrations... :)
... and they lived happily ever after...
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

@AurelRegard Thank you dude ! If anyone is wondering about technic, it's flash traditionnal animation, with shadows on tvpaint.
Léo
Site Admin

Post by Léo »

Je repasserai dans la semaine / I'll come back in a few days
Graduation film from EMCA (french school)
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 7 7745HX with Radeon Graphics CPU @ 3.60 GHz,
32 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.3 and 12 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I like this film very much for several important reasons. One, it's a slice of life story about everyday people -- without guns, violence or shouting and wild cars driven by ugliness. Yet it is a dark story of dependency and enabling and how addiction affects the entire family and it's told with enough subtlety considering the time restraints of the short format. I like realism in human locomotion, particularly when it comes to real life surroundings.

Now I sense the animation is heavily based on either rotoscopy or just watching a live action clip frame be frame when drawing, or both, but it conceals this quite well. There has to be a point when I must lighten up on the subject and who cares, and I cut the line at this place. I would also like to believe that in the near future this animator will realize that the same results can be achieved without the crutch and that will make the work soar.

I also see a good balance between the thickness of the line art, the mild mannered sound track, the color palette and the economy of inbetweening which makes a case that all of these shortcuts can work while maintaining the solidity of art when the end justifies the means because the film is so short and time restraints imposed upon it are clear and reasonable. I wish the subtitles were larger and white. The French can say so much in such a short time... :roll:
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

From Tahnee Gehm (CalArts student)

Fabrice Debarge
Léo
Site Admin

Post by Léo »

C2C - Delta (official Video)
Realisation by Wizz (this company use TVPaint)
Animated by CRCR, the people who worked on:
-Les Chiens Isolés
-Todor & Petru
-Junk Space
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 7 7745HX with Radeon Graphics CPU @ 3.60 GHz,
32 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.3 and 12 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
alizee_cholat

Post by alizee_cholat »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I like this film very much for several important reasons. One, it's a slice of life story about everyday people -- without guns, violence or shouting and wild cars driven by ugliness. Yet it is a dark story of dependency and enabling [...]
Thank you so much Mister for having watched our film (I'll Come Back in a Few Days), and for taking a critical look at it.
We're very pleased that you liked it (and got it all!)

It's great that you find it balanced because it was quite a big issue for us (we were 3 co-directors)
About the animation, it's quite funny because we didn't use rotoscopy at all…
And you're right, the subtitle part was a difficult point for us because the story was thought in French, with French characters/people, and just like you said : The French talk too much! :)
We did our best and it's quite a good surprise if English-speaking people still get touched by this film.

Thank you again for your comments and advices!

Alizée
Paul Fierlinger

Well then congratulations for some mature animation if you indeed didn't use rotoscopy OR eyeballing a live action video clip. I am convinced that close to realistic body language animation is the surest way to make serious subject matters convincing and believable and commercially viable.

Is this ability of yours learned from school instructors or are you self-taught? I ask because that would be a rarity for any animation school I've ever heard of. I have made attempts to instill this in my students year after year but their reluctance to follow my instructors made teaching too tiresome for me and I decided that I am wasting my time and retired from teaching.

There actually were two students over the years who were interested in pursuing this style of animation and not coincidentally both have been as far as I know the only students of mine who have attracted freelance commercial 2D commissions from the day they graduated (in one case even before graduation) and are headed for a promising future.
Paul
alizee_cholat

Post by alizee_cholat »

We must confess that we actually filmed (at the beginning) a couple of scenes that we hardly used. :|
But most of the time, we played the scenes by ourselves, not filming it (and sometimes we watched someone else playing it). We found this method more suitable to our way of working.

We partly learned about animation by ourselves, and partly from some of our instructors (2D and 3D professional animators), and also from some of our classmates (many of them learned animating before coming at EMCA school).
The three of us are also 3D animators but we agreed that 2D would be more relevant to tell this story. (maybe 3D animation can help understand the body movement? )

Alizée, Loïc, et Sophie
Paul Fierlinger

Thanks. One more question: How long would you estimate this took you from conception to completion if you just took into account the actual number of weeks you spent on production alone (not calendar time, but actual production time).
Paul
alizee_cholat

Post by alizee_cholat »

From conception to finalization, we worked on it during 8 months.
And actually we (almost!) respected our calendar. :)
But we must say that many people helped us occasionnaly, as you can see in the end credits.
Alizée C
Paul Fierlinger

Hmmm... a minute a month, 15 seconds a week, or 2 seconds a day... I would think one animator could do that, including coloring. Three directors plus who knows how many animators and assistant animators and colorists... to me this sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen.

Now I understand that we are discussing a school project -- yet ...
Paul
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

an other film from Bezalel Academy of Arts :

+ Making Of
Fabrice Debarge