colour change problem

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Dennis Sisterson

colour change problem

Post by Dennis Sisterson »

Hi. When I try to use the colour replacer in the FX stack, I can't get the source colour to change. It stays as red. The cursor doesn't respond when I click on it. Am I missing something?
Fabrice

Re: colour change problem

Post by Fabrice »

the cursor doesn't change (it should be an arrow with a question mark), but it does the job : if you click anywhere on the screen after clicking on the source color, it will change.
Fabrice Debarge
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Fabrice wrote:the cursor doesn't change (it should be an arrow with a question mark), but it does the job : if you click anywhere on the screen after clicking on the source color, it will change.
In my experience many new users are confused by the cursor changing to ? mark instead of the usual "eyedropper" . Could the Color Replacer be changed so the cursor changes to the eyedropper icon ? Also, I may have requested this before (and this gives me an opportunity to request it again :) ) but I think it would improve the functionality of the Color Replacer if the Color Panel Picker/Chromatic Wheel was embedded in the Color Replacer FX panel to make selecting a new destination color easier .
Suggestions_for_Color Replacer FX.jpg
[click image to see it larger]

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dennis Sisterson

Hi Fabrice, the cursor behaves as you describe when clicking on the destination colour square, but with the source colour square it doesn't respond at all. It was working earlier yesterday but when I tried again later it didn't, and it hasn't worked since. I've tried using it with different files, restarting the program, and restarting the PC.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

hello, we need this : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to run some tests here.
Fabrice Debarge
Dennis Sisterson

Thanks Fabrice:
I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit, 8 meg RAM, Intel I7 920 2.67Ghz (2009).
TVP pro v 11, 64 bit
I'm working on an Intuos 4 I think, but the problem also occurs with the mouse.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Dennis, could you also send us a screenshot of your interface (with layers, drawing space and FX stack open with color replacer) ?
Dennis Sisterson

Screenshot attached -thanks.
Attachments
tvpscreen.JPG
Dennis Sisterson

Incidentally I've tried it with different files; always the same problem.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok so at least, everything seems alright in your interface (you are on the good layer, fx stack is active...).
Oh ! You're not up to date : some things have been fixed in the color replacer, so you should update to 11.0.3 first :)
Dennis Sisterson

Hi. I've just updated to the new version, 11.0.3, but I've still got the problem.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

While reading again your post and looking in the code, we noticed you have your lines and color layers separated.
The FX color picker grab only the color from the current layer, not from the display (layer merged).
maybe it can help to find the problem.
Fabrice Debarge