How do I save my TVP Configurations please?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Cheburashka

How do I save my TVP Configurations please?

Post by Cheburashka »

Sometimes I have to re-install TVPaint and when I do so, all my Custom Configurations (like custom shortcuts, custom brushes) are gone in a spoof.
How can I save/export my TVP Custom Configurations, please?
Thank you,
PS: I looked the previous posts for the same topic but they dated back to 2017.
Xavier

Re: How do I save my TVP Configurations please?

Post by Xavier »

Go to Edit>Preferences>Startup (tab)>Startup configuration, choose "Open Startup Panel" from the dropdown menu and restart TVPaint.

The small window that will open (aka Startup panel) lets you copy your configuration :)

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... nces-start
johnfromncl

Re: How do I save my TVP Configurations please?

Post by johnfromncl »

You can also save a copy of your custom shortcuts by Edit > Shortcuts > File (the 'File' I'm referring to is the one at the top left of the pop-up) > Save KeyMap. This will let you name a file and choose a folder for them. It would be pulled back later by Edit > Shortcuts > File (the 'File' one at the top left of the pop-up) > Load KeyMap. This is obviously useful if you ever make a mess of your shortcuts and want to revert to an earlier version.

Similarly, I have found it useful to explicitly save some of the rooms - a mis-drag can create nonsense of a room very quickly! This saving is done at the bottom right of the screen where it has the current room shown (e.g. 'Room 1'). You click on the little house to the immediate left of that and that lets you save and load. (This method would also enable you to use more than four rooms - if you ever felt the need for that.)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020). 3.8 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i7, 128GB 2667 MHz DDR4. MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.
TVPaint Animation 11 Pro (11.5.2-64 bits).
Wacom Cintiq pro 24". Driver using 6.3.43-3 (avoiding 6.3.44-1)
John from Newcastle, johnfromncl Updated 2021-09-24