Tvpaint Documentation

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kelanhordos

Tvpaint Documentation

Post by kelanhordos »

Hello, as it has been several weeks since the release of v12, I am wondering when we can get an estimate of the documentation for v12 being available?

Also for those who are unaware, as I was until D.T. Nethery posted in another thread, use this link for v11 documentation which can at least help in the mean time with some things.

https://doc.tvpaint.com/tvp11/

Unfortunately I had this link as my bookmark https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/ and it leads to a forbidden page now. I thought it was just down all this time with the website change etc. Argh :(
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
Matthieu
Site Admin

Re: Tvpaint Documentation

Post by Matthieu »

Hello,

Thank you for voicing those concerns. I will try to provide as much information as I can regarding this.

The aim for TVPaint 12 was to rewrite the entire manual. Since we changed the way our website worked, the user manual also had to be ported to a new system which we learned along the way.

This caused its share of technical issues, some of which we are still facing today. They are about to be finally solved but some of our colleagues are currently on sick leave and their expertise is needed before we proceed with its release.

We have had many setbacks the past year and were not able to rewrite everything in due time.
We have tried to help users apprehend the new V12 features through Léo’s video tutorials in the meantime.

In conclusion, we hope for V12 manual to be released in a few weeks. It will be released as a work in progress because of everything that has been stated above. We are currently still working on it and it will eventually be complete at some point, but you have to keep in mind we are not a big team and that everyone here is doing a lot of different things as a consequence.

We apologize for this inconvenient situation. V11 doc is still reachable through the link you have provided (https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/) and can still be useful while we are working on the V12 one, since both versions have a lot in common.
kelanhordos

Re: Tvpaint Documentation

Post by kelanhordos »

Hi Matthieu, thanks very much for the update! I understand the difficult and am sorry to hear about the challenges the team has had and is still facing. That is a difficult situation to be in, and honestly just having that communication and knowing what is up is all I was wanting. Thanks again, and I sincerely hope everyone who is unwell recovers fully.

Also regarding the tutorials, and just incase it was overlooked I posted a thread here with an issue regarding the layer tutorial file. viewtopic.php?t=16501&sid=22fe0b69da24c ... ea742b7e27
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 12 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5