Show us your workspace!

To talk about anything else
lemec

Show us your workspace!

Post by lemec »

I'll post the first one...

This is where Ten Minute Drawing Techniques is recorded.
theroom.png
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
ZigOtto

Re: Show us your workspace!

Post by ZigOtto »

héhé! not too much place for laying a cup of tea ...!

also I can't see where is your pen ?
is it in a pen-stand on your desk, or on your ear when you aren't working with ?
:wink:
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

About the only workspace item i have in common with you is the dental floss. :mrgreen:
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
lemec

Post by lemec »

ZigOtto wrote:héhé! not too much place for laying a cup of tea ...!
It's sitting right beside the missile gyro atop the ancient speaker.
ZigOtto wrote: also I can't see where is your pen ?
is it in a pen-stand on your desk, or on your ear when you aren't working with ?
:wink:
It's laying on its side right next to the Wiimote.
Tantalus wrote:About the only workspace item i have in common with you is the dental floss. :mrgreen:
I try to take good care of my dental hygiene. My mouth sees a lot more cleaning than my room does.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Mark, what sound works do you do, and what's your workflow (in sound)?
lemec

Post by lemec »

malcooning wrote:Mark, what sound works do you do, and what's your workflow (in sound)?
I love composing orchestral soundtracks, but I'm really just a tinkerer. I use Ableton Live and Reason, and that's about it.
Last thing I ever did was a year ago...

http://www.moatdd.com/public_downloads/ ... le-mec.mp3

C'mon! I want to see pictures of other people's messy rooms!
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

lemec wrote:
malcooning wrote:Mark, what sound works do you do, and what's your workflow (in sound)?
I love composing orchestral soundtracks, but I'm really just a tinkerer. I use Ableton Live and Reason, and that's about it.
Last thing I ever did was a year ago...

http://www.moatdd.com/public_downloads/ ... le-mec.mp3

C'mon! I want to see pictures of other people's messy rooms!
If you like doing orchestral stuff, then you *really* need this:

http://www.philharmonik.com/Main.html?prod_MP

I've been using it for a couple of years and it has completely opened up a new world of music for me.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

lemec wrote: C'mon! I want to see pictures of other people's messy rooms!
here is one from sometime ago, not very messy though... i even put the dental floss outside the frame because i thought people might find it odd.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Here are some pics of my workstations, one for audio production, the other for art & video:

1. A closeup of the digital audio workstation

2. A shot of my basement sound studio (you can't quite see them, but off to the left are a pair of recording booths)

3. My art and video workstation, which is in my living room -- I am working on an assignment for a caricature course.
Attachments
100_0048.jpg
100_0047.jpg
100_0046.jpg
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
lemec

Post by lemec »

Tantalus wrote:here is one from sometime ago, not very messy though... i even put the dental floss outside the frame because i thought people might find it odd.
So nice and clean! I have to always watch where I step in my studio. I've got two powermates sitting around unplugged since I got everything rigged on Wiimote and on the dualshock controller.
idragosani wrote:If you like doing orchestral stuff, then you *really* need this:

http://www.philharmonik.com/Main.html?prod_MP

I've been using it for a couple of years and it has completely opened up a new world of music for me.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I always have a tough time finding a good synth symphony.
idragosani wrote:Here are some pics of my workstations, one for audio production, the other for art & video:

1. A closeup of the digital audio workstation

2. A shot of my basement sound studio (you can't quite see them, but off to the left are a pair of recording booths)

3. My art and video workstation, which is in my living room -- I am working on an assignment for a caricature course.
Nice sound setup. I always have to mind my sound levels so I don't disrupt the neighbours. I can never record anything, either! I had to pick between drawing and music and drawing won out 'cause with audio you just keep on buying more and more expensive equipment and software and you can never have enough!
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

lemec wrote:Nice sound setup. I always have to mind my sound levels so I don't disrupt the neighbours. I can never record anything, either! I had to pick between drawing and music and drawing won out 'cause with audio you just keep on buying more and more expensive equipment and software and you can never have enough!
My basement is, luckily, completely underground, so that helps with some of the soundproofing, plus the pair of more or less soundproof booths. So far my neighbors have been cool, even with me recording a live guitar and bass amps.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Picture taken just now
Picture taken just now
Workstation.jpg (35.6 KiB) Viewed 30758 times
On the far right, next to the red set of drawers, you can spot the Kinkos black bound TVPA manual. Otherwise I guess it's hard to figure out what I have there to work with, but the subject is "Show us your workspace" and this is my space, in a corner of our living room. The largest dial on the wall is a thermometer, the pad under the desk is a foot warmer so that should tell you something about my present position along my life's timeline.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Pictures just taken. My extremely messy desk and moderately clean drawing table. The drawing table is directly behind my desk chair, so all I have to do is turn around to use it. Beyond that is the rest of my living room. Obviously, I own way too many books...

I'm discovering that, for some odd reason, it is easier for me to start a digital 2D project by first drawing it manually on paper and scanning it into the computer. Perhaps I find more security by clinging to the old ways.

:D

PS - Paul - thanks to your tip I will be getting my printed version of the manual from Kinko's next Wednesday! $37.15!! Not bad at all!
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Cathy, how does it feel to draw on the tablet tilted like that? I was doing that for a while but found I that I was hunching over it too much and causing a lot of discomfort in my neck and shoulders. I find keeping it flat and looking forward at my monitor, I can sit up straight and sit for longer periods of time without discomfort. Regardless, I seriously need a better chair! I have an el crappo office chair and need something better.
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

idragosani wrote:Cathy, how does it feel to draw on the tablet tilted like that? I was doing that for a while but found I that I was hunching over it too much and causing a lot of discomfort in my neck and shoulders. I find keeping it flat and looking forward at my monitor, I can sit up straight and sit for longer periods of time without discomfort. Regardless, I seriously need a better chair! I have an el crappo office chair and need something better.
Actually I haven't had any problems with it. I may be used to it because my drawing table is also at an angle. But I am also a firm believer in taking breaks every hour or so and stretching. :D