storyboard project - consolidating all project scenes

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
toonybrain

storyboard project - consolidating all project scenes

Post by toonybrain »

I have watched the videos regarding storyboarding in TVPaint. My issue is much more remedial than that. How in the blazes do I get all my separate scenes (each in its own .tpp project) consolidated into one project like in the videos? Actually, even if I were doing a new storyboard, I don't know how in the heck to get the separate scenes in those little windows in the layer box.
I've searched the TVPaint forums and I must be the only living TVP user who is stumped by this. Can someone talk down to me and get me squared away? :oops:
Paul Fierlinger

Re: storyboard project - consolidating all project scenes

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

If I understand you correctly, I think all you do is keep the clips opened in the PROJECT mode and just punch play. Note: you can make each clip start or stop in designated spots by using the Mark in and out buttons while in Timeline mode. Then go back to Project moad and play.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

welcome toonybrain !

just in case, (not sure to get what's exactly the matter of your problem), but you can copy/paste Clip(s) from one project to the other,
if some projects are not of the same size than the main project, you can previously "Render Camera to a New Project" for these one, before copying/pasting the clip.
Paul Fierlinger

You can import a sound track into the PROJECT mode that will cover all the clips and then automatically from there split them into the individual clips, or you can import sound tracks just into the individual clips but listen to them all together when you playback in Project mode.
Paul
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

ZigOtto, you understood what I was trying to write. I did as you instructed and TA DA! Now there is one more little box in the project window showing the next scene (like a storyboard). I will have to copy and past all of my scenes into one project now. Thank you. Thank you too Paul for responding to my plea. I'm well on my way . . .
Paul Fierlinger

Glad it worked out. You don't live that far from me (I'm in Wynnewood, Montgomery County). Drop by anytime you feel stuck and I can give you a quick rundown of TVP.
Paul
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

Paul, I'm glad you wrote to tell me where you are; I was wondering. I'm sure I could glean a lot about TVPaint from that brain of yours. And you bet, I'll take you up on that offer. I was a Mirage user and TVPaint has come a long way, baby. I'm stumped by many new things and will seek your wisdom from time to time. Thanks for the kind offer.
Paul Fierlinger

Sure, I'll be happy to help out. I'll PM you my phone number now. I'm here all day long.
Paul
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

By any chance do you still lecture at Penn? I would love to come to one (even though I'm an outsider).
Can I work with you for a day or even a few hours? Apprentice-like. I've so many things (re: animation and TVPaint) swimming around in my noggin that I want to ask you about and seek your guidance on. Whattya say?
Paul Fierlinger

I'm back at teaching at Penn starting this fall. I think I am aloud to have visiting students (pretty sure about that, actually), and yes, I can give you consultations here -- you won't be the first one either. Just call me -- you should find my number if you go to your PM folder.
Paul