IMAGE APPEARS

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
toonybrain

IMAGE APPEARS

Post by toonybrain »

I have an extremely puzzling situation going on here. It's happened more than once, also. I have a scene with several layers, but only one frame each (illustration, not animation). I just saved the scene and an image appeared on top of my illustration, although it's NOT in any of the layers.

The action I've taken is I've hid all the layers, then clicked on each one in turn - the image isn't there. Where is this image coming from? (The image is a rough sketch that was done several months ago.)

Does anyone know what is causing this "appearing image," and where can I look to find this image to delete it out of this illustration? :shock: :shock:
toonybrain

NEVER MIND

Post by toonybrain »

I figured out part of the problem, but the other part is still an enigma.

This is the part that isn't resolved: I cut and paste an image and, for some reason, an old image with its several layers comes along for the ride. It's like they're all lurking on my clipboard somewhere in TVPaint Land.

I believe I read somewhere on this forum someone who mentioned something similar happening to them.

Anyway, the layers come in ininvited when I paste another image, and then the colored box checkmark shuts off in the timeline (the box that corresponds to the color of these interloping layers). So, the image appears in my current illustration, but I can't (until now) find the corresponding layer (because they're hidden).

What's causing these clipboard stowaway layers to keep pasting in with chosen layer(s)? I'm stumped.
Animark

Re: IMAGE APPEARS

Post by Animark »

This seems to be a crazy situation indeed. I don't know how this could happen but I would try one or more of the following - just not to fall into this trap:

- save project under a new name
- save project to a different place
- rename the project/picture/file you'll copy and paste to a new name and to a different place
- start a fake-project to test the copy and paste in a new situation
- copy and paste some completely different to your projects

- start to excorcise your PC, hold a voodoo-session and threaten your PC with changing to Mac or vice versa ;-)

Maybe this helps.
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hmmm, I think it's an old bug, already fixed.

Do you have the lastest version of TVPaint ? (9.5.18)
Fabrice Debarge
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

Fabrice, yes I do have the latest version.
Animark, will do as you've suggested. Thanks for your time. :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

hmmm, try to send us a file, so we would make some tests.
Fabrice Debarge