One Color, Two Color and Monocrome Layers

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NickA

One Color, Two Color and Monocrome Layers

Post by NickA »

I've been using this program called Manga Studio which has the great feature of being able to set an individual layer as limited to 1,2 or a monocromatic color scheme (1,2 or 8 bit). I loved how processor efficient it was. Suddenly I could draw and ink at 600 or even 1200ppi with not much computer strain. They also let you choose the color for that layer (be it black or anything else).

This same feature would help TVPaint run much more smoothly and efficiently during many tasks. It would be great for low powered android devices, higher resolution videos (2k,4k) and smoother animation playback.

It now just seems so inefficient to have a layer use all the processing needed for 24 bit color when only 1 or 8 bits are necessary.
slowtiger

Re: One Color, Two Color and Monocrome Layers

Post by slowtiger »

I'm sorry, but in 2013 we don't have the need for these tricks anymore. Processors are so powerfull yet cheap now. And I even didn't have to work like that 20 years ago when I started working on a Mac. As a stylistic choice it is OK, and I wouldn't mind to have some assistance when working out colour combinations.

As for Android: it's a phone. If you insist on doing hi-res work on a phone, deal with the restrictions. Or wait until they put real processors into their tablets.

(Next request will be someone asking forTVP be ported to the Fisher-Price OS!)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

slowtiger wrote:As for Android: it's a phone. If you insist on doing hi-res work on a phone, deal with the restrictions. Or wait until they put real processors into their tablets.
You should try the Galaxy Note 10.1 !
It has the power of my old Mac G5, and TVPaint ran well on it.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

slowtiger wrote:As for Android: it's a phone. If you insist on doing hi-res work on a phone, deal with the restrictions. Or wait until they put real processors into their tablets.
Not all Android devices are phones. I have an Android device that is most decidedly not a phone (HTC Flyer) and supports pressure sensitivity. TVPaint runs quite well on it!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX