Persistent instances during playback

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Rbruece

Persistent instances during playback

Post by Rbruece »

Hi,

I am working with the trial version of the program it says 11 Pro. I am using OSX version 10.9.5 with a 8GB RAM.

I read all of the online tutorials before I began and then I tried to do a basic bouncing ball like the person did in the tutorial video. Unfortunately, when I press the play control my animation runs but it shows each frame persistently so I get no illusion of motion. Instead of showing instance 1, then instance 2. It shows instance 1, then instance 1 and 2, then instance 1 and 2 and 3 etc. I made sure the light table is off and I carefully reviewed the video tutorial again, closed the program and re-opened it and tried again. Same results. I'm sure this is something simple, but I could not figure it out from the materials I read and saw.

Thanks for your help.
Elodie

Re: Persistent instances during playback

Post by Elodie »

Hello, can you share a screenshot of your whole interface ? you probably activate something that makes your play slower.
Jet

Re: Persistent instances during playback

Post by Jet »

Could it be you're not inserting blank instances? Press shift+k or backspace to insert a blank instance before you start drawing. This seems to stump most people who are new to TVPaint.

Disney animator Aaron Blaise has a really good quick start guide to TVPaint you should watch (where he also explains this).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_B8lB3Gf_w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OS: Win 11 / RAM: 128GB / GPU: RTX 3080 Ti / Display: Cintiq 27