Edit KeyFramer after it's applied?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
stopyelling

Edit KeyFramer after it's applied?

Post by stopyelling »

I make a walk in place walk cycle. I make it walk across my b/g with the KeyFramer tool. I highlight all the frames I want to commit and hit Apply. Boom. Days go by and then suddenly- I realize I forgot to add pockets to my walk cycle.

Is there a way go back and edit that original FX Stack?
D.T. Nethery

Re: Edit KeyFramer after it's applied?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

stopyelling wrote:I make a walk in place walk cycle. I make it walk across my b/g with the KeyFramer tool. I highlight all the frames I want to commit and hit Apply. Boom. Days go by and then suddenly- I realize I forgot to add pockets to my walk cycle.

Is there a way go back and edit that original FX Stack?
When you hit "Apply FX Stack" it renders the effect . There is "undo" , but there is no editing.

Here is what you should do:

1.) The Walk-in-Place walk cycle is on one layer .

2.) under that is the BG layer

3.) now create a NEW LAYER and stretch it out for the desired length of the scene (let's say 144 frames).

Hide the Walk Cycle layer. Stay on the New Layer.

4.) Now go to the FX Stack > Motion > KeyFramer . In the KeyFramer go to the Source Tab.
Under Source go down to Layer List and choose the Walk Cycle anim. layer as your Source.
Set it to Behavior - Loop so the walk cycle will be repeated across the entire length of the scene (144 frames).

5.) Now position the Walk Cycle with the KeyFramer to start from off-screen left , walk across screen , and exit off-screen right.
Apply FX Stack.

It will render the KeyFramer move on the New Layer (but your original Walk Cycle layer is still intact , in case you want to make changes later.

(save the KeyFramer move in the FX Bin so you can reapply it exactly the same later if you want to change the walk cycle , such as add pockets to the character, then re-render the move )

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
stopyelling

Post by stopyelling »

Woah woah woah woah WOAH

FX Bin?!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

stopyelling wrote:Woah woah woah woah WOAH

FX Bin?!
http://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index. ... ails-reset" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The FX Bin menu for each effect offers several options:

* The Add option allows you to store your effect for later use (you will first be asked to name this effect).
* The Export option saves the current effect to a storage support.
* The Import option recovers an effect from a storage support.
* The Delete option deletes an effect.

The FX Bin menu for the entire stack works in the same way, but may be used to add, import, export or delete an entire stack.

NOTE: Effects will be re-usable when opening the software only if you saved the configuration when quitting.
Resetting it will delete all the user's effects.
So back to your example : You render your KeyFramer FX on a New Layer (thereby preserving the original walk cycle layer unaltered), but you may save your Walk Cycle KeyFramer move in the FX Bin. Then later if you need to change the Walk Cycle animation in some way (such as what you mentioned to add pockets to the the drawings) you can call up the KeyFramer move for the walk cycle from the FX Bin to apply it to the altered Walk Cycle drawings , so you do not have to recalculate the move.
Add FX to FX BIN.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1