Keyboard Shortcuts for flipping between Image Marks

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sewie

Keyboard Shortcuts for flipping between Image Marks

Post by Sewie »

In response to Joanna's question I was looking for a way to mark frames with Image Marks of different colors, and then add a shortcut key to flip between them. So for instance I have a bunch of blue image marks and a bunch of red ones and a bunch of green ones.

Can I then assign a keyboard shortcut for flipping between the red Image Marks (that would mean a set of two shortcuts: one to go forward on the timeline and one to go back), a different set of shortcuts for flipping between the blue Image Marks and another set for flipping between the green ones?

I was checking the Shortcut Panel and the Flips Panel but I can't find how to do it. Somehow I always assumed that this was possible, but it seems not...?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
NathanOtano

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts for flipping between Image Marks

Post by NathanOtano »

In your flip panel, use "checkpoints" set to image marks :) then you can choose your colors. Use multiple flip presets with different shortcuts to flip the colors you want
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
meslin

Post by meslin »

I think you can do this by installing the custom panel referenced here: viewtopic.php?p=36296#p36324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I still use it because it has the command to "next/prev of current color image mark" so if you're on a red frame, it'll flip through reds, etc.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Actually, it is not necessary to install this panel, since these options are included in TVPAINT 11 (you can even assign shortcuts to them)
meslin

Post by meslin »

Elodie, there are shortcuts in the "Configure Keyboard Shortcuts" window under ImageMarks for Next/Prev color 01 through 12, and also just plain Next/Previous, which moves the playhead to the next/prev image mark of *any* color...but what's the command called for the "next/prev current color mark?" I'm looking and I can't find it.

Thanks,
David
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Thanks for the replies, guys.
I noticed Aaron Blaise has a good demonstration in one of his video's about this. About 6 minutes in.

Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

meslin wrote:Elodie, there are shortcuts in the "Configure Keyboard Shortcuts" window under ImageMarks for Next/Prev color 01 through 12, and also just plain Next/Previous, which moves the playhead to the next/prev image mark of *any* color...but what's the command called for the "next/prev current color mark?" I'm looking and I can't find it.

Thanks,
David
Ok, I misunderstood you. Indeed, there is no "next/prev current colour mark". At the moment, your shortcuts must be assigned to this or that colour (in other words, it cannot detect what is the current colour to flip).

That's an interesting idea. Since we can do so with layers, it should be possible with mark image (obviously, only a developer can confirm).
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

the question is : what is the "current" colour mark ?
How do you define it ?
Fabrice Debarge
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Fabrice wrote:the question is : what is the "current" colour mark ?
How do you define it ?
I guess it's the image mark color of the current frame on the current layer?

Shouldn't be difficult to script. But I don't understand the purpose, because you often use image mark as a "hierarchy" of your animation, so you flip your extremes, then extremes + BD, then extremes+BD+partials, then + inbtw etc. Can somebody explain how it could be usefull to flip beetween a color, then another excluding the first one?
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

But I don't understand the purpose
me too, that's why I'm asking. There is maybe something behind the concept.
Fabrice Debarge
meslin

Post by meslin »

As I said before, it already exists in the panel I linked to above - Sewie's modification of the pre-official image marks panel (the top two arrows). I use it because I like to have one pair of shortcuts for all image mark flipping purposes. That way, if I want to flip my red marks, i just put the play head a red frame and I can flip reds. If I want to flip blue, move playhead to a blue frame, and flip blues using the same two keys. No larger purpose than that...just trying to simplify how many keystrokes I have to remember.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

meslin wrote:As I said before, it already exists in the panel I linked to above - Sewie's modification of the pre-official image marks panel (the top two arrows). I use it because I like to have one pair of shortcuts for all image mark flipping purposes. That way, if I want to flip my red marks, i just put the play head a red frame and I can flip reds. If I want to flip blue, move playhead to a blue frame, and flip blues using the same two keys. No larger purpose than that...just trying to simplify how many keystrokes I have to remember.
I don't understand why you need to flip blue without flipping red (i red is your keys and blue your BD for exemple), that was the question :)
Working on Windows 10
meslin

Post by meslin »

Good point.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

meslin wrote:As I said before, it already exists in the panel I linked to above - Sewie's modification of the pre-official image marks panel (the top two arrows). I use it because I like to have one pair of shortcuts for all image mark flipping purposes. That way, if I want to flip my red marks, i just put the play head a red frame and I can flip reds. If I want to flip blue, move playhead to a blue frame, and flip blues using the same two keys. No larger purpose than that...just trying to simplify how many keystrokes I have to remember.
Thanks for the explanation.
We will think about adding a shorcut.
Fabrice Debarge
meslin

Post by meslin »

Another reason that I like to keep the keyboard shortcuts "mono" (one for one direction, and another for the other direction), is so that I can use them with an autohotkey script I extended from TigerKnight's roll.ahk that I found here.
It takes over the top row of letters (and 'swallows' input so that the normal qwerty shortcut keys are disabled), and allows you to incrementally advance the keys: pushing r, then t, then y will advance you 1, then 2, then three frames, and you can just release 'y' and it will back up just one frame, all the while you can draw normally. It even waits until you finish a line if you release all the keys before lifting the pen.

I call it 'fliproller' - See it in action:

Here's an older incarnation...